MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hitlerjugend dagger original or fake?

Article about: Hello everyone, I found this Hitlerjugend dagger and I need opinions because I think it's from postwar. The manufacturer markings are C. JUL. HERBERTZ. What do you think? Thank you for your

Default Hitlerjugend dagger original or fake?

Hello everyone, I found this Hitlerjugend dagger and I need opinions because I think it's from postwar. The manufacturer markings are C. JUL. HERBERTZ. What do you think? Thank you for your answers. The seller fixed the price in 140$. Regards.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitlerjugend dagger original or fake?   Hitlerjugend dagger original or fake?  

Hitlerjugend dagger original or fake?   Hitlerjugend dagger original or fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitlerjugend dagger original or fake?
    P
    Many

Whether it is or isn't pre May 1945, it's not worth $140 in my opinion. Save up and buy a good example from a reputable dealer.

A post WW2 Scout knife.

Postwar Scout Knives have a characteristic "Lip" around the Scabbard Opening and are generally marked "Rostfrei Solingen".... I actually believe the knife posted is an original...The obliterated HJ Diamond can be replaced- making it a good deal at $140...
    I used to be a German Boy Scout in the 1970s and still remember nagging my mother until she bought me one of these knives, lol...I was a member of the DPSG -Deutsche Pfadfinderschaft Sankt Georg- Catholic Scouts...
    in Lampertheim...Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitlerjugend dagger original or fake?  

?

Quote by Anderson View Post
    A post WW2 Scout knife.
    +1

Quote by SilluAgain View Post
    Hello everyone, I found this Hitlerjugend dagger and I need opinions because I think it's from postwar. The manufacturer markings are C. JUL. HERBERTZ. What do you think? Thank you for your answers. The seller fixed the price in 140$. Regards.
    Original WWII produced in my opinion. Immediate post war had manufacturers names and Germany on the dagger blade. I have a post war 45-46 I believe it is for production time, a Solingen company (hand holding arrows TM) produced HJ knife with the manufacturers proof mark where it is supposed to be and the reverse side has Solingen, Germany as I recall. I paid $35.00 for it at an antique shop in Cleveland in the late 80's. Never seeing one of these but reading about these and knowing that it was a GI bring back I had to purchase it.

This piece in question looks like it was denazified and used for sometime after the war which speaks volumes of the quality of these blades.

I can see opinions are very divided about this knife

Well,it's post war made for sure,from 50s or 60s

?

Quote by Rich Moran View Post
    Original WWII produced in my opinion. Immediate post war had manufacturers names and Germany on the dagger blade. I have a post war 45-46 I believe it is for production time, a Solingen company (hand holding arrows TM) produced HJ knife with the manufacturers proof mark where it is supposed to be and the reverse side has Solingen, Germany as I recall. I paid $35.00 for it at an antique shop in Cleveland in the late 80's. Never seeing one of these but reading about these and knowing that it was a GI bring back I had to purchase it.

This piece in question looks like it was denazified and used for sometime after the war which speaks volumes of the quality of these blades.
    Well Rich

this is how it originaly looked like

Ger

?

And this is how it looks like with a replaced glued in HJ diamond
    With nice decent wear.
    First you have to determen if Cal. Herbertz ever did produce HJ knives pre 1945
    Ger

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast