Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hitlerjugend Ehrendolch for Tokyo delegation in 1938

Article about: On a European dealer website there is this dagger on offer. To me it is an unknown pattern (the plain metal scabbard). The blade is RZM marked for Hörster. Angolia describes the dagger as a

Default Hitlerjugend Ehrendolch for Tokyo delegation in 1938

On a European antiques dealers website there is this dagger on offer. To me it is an unknown pattern (the plain metal scabbard). The blade is RZM marked for Hörster. Angolia describes the dagger as a special edition worn in 1938 by the HJ delegation visiting Tokyo. Please post your thoughts and share your expertise, I want to buy the dagger eventually.

Hitlerjugend Ehrendolch for Tokyo delegation in 1938Hitlerjugend Ehrendolch for Tokyo delegation in 1938Hitlerjugend Ehrendolch for Tokyo delegation in 1938Hitlerjugend Ehrendolch for Tokyo delegation in 1938Hitlerjugend Ehrendolch for Tokyo delegation in 1938Hitlerjugend Ehrendolch for Tokyo delegation in 1938Hitlerjugend Ehrendolch for Tokyo delegation in 1938Hitlerjugend Ehrendolch for Tokyo delegation in 1938Hitlerjugend Ehrendolch for Tokyo delegation in 1938Hitlerjugend Ehrendolch for Tokyo delegation in 1938

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitlerjugend Ehrendolch for Tokyo delegation in 1938
    P
    Many

Default Some more pictures

Hitlerjugend Ehrendolch for Tokyo delegation in 1938Hitlerjugend Ehrendolch for Tokyo delegation in 1938Hitlerjugend Ehrendolch for Tokyo delegation in 1938Hitlerjugend Ehrendolch for Tokyo delegation in 1938
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitlerjugend Ehrendolch for Tokyo delegation in 1938  

My understanding was the silver scabbard type was used by a HJ Honor Detachment, also with white suspension hangers. This may be what was worn in Japan. But whether this is one of them is another matter. It may be someone has peeled of the leather covering from a "standard" leader dagger, given it a buff, to turn it into a Honor Detachment model.

Thx. The silver finish (scabbard is steel) is not damaged in the eventual peeling process, only bears marks of time.