Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

hj knife

Article about: hoi guys, i have bought a knife from hj. the salesman said it was real... but i have my questions... can you please take a loock?

Default hj knife

hoi guys, i have bought a knife from hj. the salesman said it was real... but i have my questions... can you please take a loock?hj knifehj knifehj knifehj knife

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement hj knife
    P
    Many

In the third pic, the scabbard appears to have a raised lip around the throat, which wouldn't be correct for an original. Can't comment on the knife itself, but I don't see any glaring red flags.

Regards, B.B.

This thread moved to the HJ Knife forum
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I thought they stopped doing the blood and honor in 1938

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    I thought they stopped doing the blood and honor in 1938
    +1.

I also thought so and I do not like how this RZM code look like

?

Lots of mixed reviews about this one on Facebook, another member there also stated that 'The use of the etched motto was discontinued in August, 1938' not sure how accurate that is, G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Better photos of the entire dagger and scabbard are needed, but I am also not a fan of the RZM stamp..

You should try to get your money back and invest in some decent reference books as well as do some research here before purchasing...

Smitty

The grip has been either replaced or messed with ..Im also seeing one of the grip pins filed down.

Anderson will be along shortly.
    I agree also about the Motto being discontinued in 1938.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Good spot by BB defo post war lipped scabbard!

Yes, good spot BB. The scabbard is definitely post WW2. So that's the first red flag. The diamond has some gunk around it which suggests it is glued in place. Mottos were supposed to end August 1938, but some 1939 knives do have a motto. In this case I think the motto is not authentic to the knife. The rivet end we can see in the photos looks shiny and tampered with. The RZM mark is close to the look of Emil Voos mark but the evidence suggests a post war scout knife retro fitted as HJ. One to definitely pass on IMO.

hj knife

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast