Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

HJ Knife - Gottlieb Hammesfahr

Article about: Hello, can anyone help me, if its real or fake?

?

Default HJ Knife - Gottlieb Hammesfahr

Hello,

can anyone help me, if its real or fake?
    HJ Knife - Gottlieb HammesfahrHJ Knife - Gottlieb HammesfahrHJ Knife - Gottlieb HammesfahrHJ Knife - Gottlieb HammesfahrHJ Knife - Gottlieb HammesfahrHJ Knife - Gottlieb HammesfahrHJ Knife - Gottlieb Hammesfahr

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Knife - Gottlieb Hammesfahr
    P
    Many

Not great photos, so limits examination, but basically an enhanced original knife. The diamond badge I would say is replaced, the leather hanger is odd as it clips too low, not around the plated pommel. I'd like to see a photo of the back of the scabbard and hanger. The leather buffer is a replacement. Blade is worn and somewhat reshaped.
    A bit of work been done on it.

My basic sense of the knife coincides with that of Anderson - with additionally what I found troubling was the appearance of this grip rivet. Best Regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ Knife - Gottlieb Hammesfahr  
    Attached Images Attached Images HJ Knife - Gottlieb Hammesfahr 

?

thank you for the answer

I agree with Fred that the rivets are troubling ...as the early HJ knives had a smaller grip diamond which says the plates have been added on post war at some point between then and now.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

The specification for the diamond changed in July 1937, so some 1937 knives will have the larger diamond and all others should have by 1938.