Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

HJ Leaders

Article about: Hi guys am I correct in thinking this RZM mark is a reproduction. Or am I over thinking it. As always thanks for your help. It is much appreciated.

?

Default HJ Leaders

Hi guys am I correct in thinking this RZM mark is a reproduction. Or am I over thinking it. As always thanks for your help. It is much appreciated. HJ Leaders

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Leaders
    P
    Many

HJ Leaders
    Photo credit : Den70

Can we see the rest of the dagger ?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Certainly can Larry. I have only been looking at it today so was just trying to work my way through it. The screws in the pommel do not stick out like the pictures I have looked at in threads on here. My concern with the RZM was no definition in the circle lines. David North has told me about a program to use so that am able to look at pictures beside each other. Only got home from sea yesterday so havent used it yet. So flicking from page to page not ideal. Apoligies waffling. Pictures attachedHJ LeadersHJ LeadersHJ LeadersHJ LeadersHJ Leaders
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ Leaders   HJ Leaders  

HJ Leaders   HJ Leaders  

HJ Leaders   HJ Leaders  

HJ Leaders   HJ Leaders  

HJ Leaders  

From what I can see the RZM is matching with what is qualified as authentic as posted in Den70s photo which I consider very reliable and comparative with other same examples.

The only issue I see is that the RZM number is very close to the crossguard for a Horster example

Named Hitler Jugend Führer Dolch

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks Larry. So you think its good? I'm just not confident enough to make a call with other opinions. Never seen one in real life.

Hi Allan please also check the depth of the motto on the blade...the photos make the motto look to be printed on top. The motto should have some depth to it.

IMO just my thoughts I am not comfortable with the RZM number being so close to the crossguard compared to other Horster and Eickhorn examples. I dont want to be the final word on this and would require more thoughts from other HJ collectors.

Regards Larry

?

I am agree with Larry. You have original dagger. It have some strange points. Distance between logo and crossguard, deep of etching...But general it good dagger.

?

Thanks for your comments den70 much appreciated