Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My Salty HJ Knife

Article about: A few years back in 2011 I had the opportunity to buy a very nice Hitler Youth knife at an antique shop. At the time I had just started showing an interest in collecting WW2 artifacts, but I

Agree with all the above..... if someone had given me a Hitler Youth Knife when I was 10-12 years old I’d dread to think what it would of looked like by now..... With all the Fakes and ones that’s been tampered with out there it does look like you’ve got yourself an original.

Gerrit ..... The Diamond looks like it has lost some of the red enamel .... it does reflect the rest of the daggers condition.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Salty HJ Knife
    P
    Many

?

take it to a blade smith and have it re tipped if you so desire? it is rely salty! probably broke the tip opening a box of ammo?

?

I bet that has been thrown at a few trees lol

At least you have an original. Heck wish I would have saved that HJ style repro I bought back in the 60s. I never knew at the time they were modeled after the Hitler Youth knife. Even came with a metal sheath I believe.

Quote by mauser9 View Post
    At least you have an original. Heck wish I would have saved that HJ style repro I bought back in the 60s. I never knew at the time they were modeled after the Hitler Youth knife. Even came with a metal sheath I believe.
    Yes they did and had one myself. Some of the period producers that survived the war went on to produce during the 60s and 70s.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Ha! Glad ya chimed in Larry. Thinking back I thought it said Solingen or Germany on blade near the guard or hilt but was not positive being so many years back. Plastic grips but solid metal and polished upper handle. Bet I paid around $5.00 back then for it.

I bumped this thread to the top and you may find the information interesting

Post WW2 German Scouting / HJ Knife Transition Discussion
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2