Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Need help hj bayonet

Article about: Need some advice please regarding that HJ Bayonet . From some research I found that these Watch Bayonets were used by HJ boys given the honour of special guard duty at Party rallies and spec

?

Default Need help hj bayonet

Need some advice please regarding that HJ Bayonet .
    From some research I found that these Watch Bayonets were used by HJ boys given the honour of special guard duty at Party rallies and special events such as the
    Feldernhalle Putsch anniversary.
    HJ insignia place into the center of the grip .
    Scabbard and K98 style frog , but no rivets on , and no markers as far as i can see .
    blade is great condition .
    Let me know about you thoughts please .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help hj bayonet   Need help hj bayonet  

Need help hj bayonet   Need help hj bayonet  

Need help hj bayonet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help hj bayonet
    P
    Many

This is not my area of collecting, but there has been several discussions on this type of bayonet before,

Hope this helps.

original bayonet HJ ?

hitler youth bayonet

It's look like this one is also post war put together bayonet. I do not like how that diamond fit to the grip. These are so rare that almost always see fakes on the market.

Need more close ups from that diamond and does that diamond wiggle?

I noticed a crack on the reverse grip upper side and would consider messed with or grip plates taken from an HJ knife which would explain the cracked grip.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    I noticed a crack on the reverse grip upper side and would consider messed with or grip plates taken from an HJ knife which would explain the cracked grip.

Regards Larry
    Larry, you have eyes like a hawk

It's a nice story Pat, but period photographic evidence I would find more convincing. As for this KS98, I would say; another of the post war modified ones. I don't like the look of the HJ diamond or the way it is attached. If you think about it, if the HJ were to issue "Watch bayonets" to selected boys they would be ordered and assembled in a factory. Not just cut outs and glued on. Standards from the RZM were very high, unofficially approved innovations were not encouraged. While we can't rule out the possibility a HJ boy might privately buy a KS98 bayonet and fit an Hj badge himself, we just can't know if it happened with this one. But I would think unlikely, as we know there are many post war fakes.

Over the years having not seen any convincing period proof - I was already as suspicious as I was with the factory mass produced types exemplified by the so-called "Olympic" HJ-DJ multigenerational series of knives. Besides the already mentioned problematic/poor installation of the grip diamond - (IMO) probably of the home workshop type. Which is not to say that postwar factory knives cannot be as problematic - even as they were supported time and again by "stories" of their discovery from supposedly expert dealers. Best Regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help hj bayonet   Need help hj bayonet  

Need help hj bayonet  

?

In time all these socalled "Wachgesellschaft" bayo's will be offered together with the 1936 Ultra Rare HJ Knives on Black Friday for 50% less

Ger