Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Orginal HJ knife?

Article about: Hi. Is this a 100% original HJ knife? And is it worth picking up for 110 euros in the condition its in? Thanks, stay healthy

Default Orginal HJ knife?

Hi. Is this a 100% original HJ knife? And is it worth picking up for 110 euros in the condition its in? Thanks, stay healthy

Orginal HJ knife?

Orginal HJ knife?

Orginal HJ knife?

Orginal HJ knife?

Orginal HJ knife?

Orginal HJ knife?

Orginal HJ knife?

Orginal HJ knife?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Orginal HJ knife?
    P
    Many

It appears to be an original knife in very rough condition. This isn't uncommon with these, as they were used and abused by the children they were given to. For the condition it's in, the price is reasonable, but I'd save up a little more and wait until you can afford a better one. If you buy this one you'll surely be grabbing a bargain, but you'll never be quite as happy with it as you would be with a knife in better condition.

Regards, B.B.

I agree, but if its a really good deal i should propably take it? I can always buy a better one later.

Quote by AdamSmith View Post
    I agree, but if its a really good deal i should propably take it? I can always buy a better one later.
    At the end of the day, that choice is yours. If you think you'll be happy with this one, go for it. Salty examples tell their stories in their own ways, and they have a character you just don't get from mint condition pieces. You could do far worse than this, and you can always find another knife in better shape at a later date, as you've said.

B.B.

As BB says, it is authentic. A late period, 1939+ type by a very common maker, Artur Schuttelhofer & co. These really are as common as dirt, and unless a good condition example, (which this isn't) I would give it a miss.