Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Post WW2 German Scouting / HJ Knife Transition Discussion

Article about: Show us current HJ knives by past producers..being produced today. Regards Larry Members are invited to input any maker background inf they have on these. Photos are top to bottom (maker mar

Default HJ Scout Knife by Carl Kinder (Solingen)

There are many German post-war scouting knives that are very similar looking to other scout knives even in the United States. Look at the boy scout diamond on my Cub Scout belt buckle and compare this to the look of the emblem of this Carl Linder modern HJ type knife. The boy scout symbol and also the use of a diamond "Pathfinder" shape on both. Scouts "lead the way" and the diamond represents an arrow pointing toward the right path to walk in. Basically the "Golden Rule" into positive leaders as adults someday.

I wear my Cub Scout belt buckle every day and is the same one I had as a child. Means a lot to me.

See also in the photos below another product that Linder currently makes.

The Carl Linder HJ is $60 at EBay store "sharkfoxy" so ask to see how many are available.

Feel free to give some helpful hints yourselves!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post WW2 German Scouting / HJ Knife Transition Discussion   Post WW2 German Scouting / HJ Knife Transition Discussion  

Attached Images Attached Images Post WW2 German Scouting / HJ Knife Transition Discussion  Post WW2 German Scouting / HJ Knife Transition Discussion  Post WW2 German Scouting / HJ Knife Transition Discussion 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post WW2 German Scouting / HJ Knife Transition Discussion
    P
    Many

Hi there. I have a original hj scouting dagger,as shown in your collection. The first green handled one. Mine has a diamond shaped red and silver Fleur des lea in the handle. Would you be interested in purchasing this item? To properly complete your collection? Kind regards. Rachael Moss.

Smile Hj Scouting dagger photo!

This is my scouting knife! Can anyone please tell me from which era did this dagger come from? It belonged to my grandfather. He told me he brought it back from Germany after WW2 had ended. I was told it had an ss symbol in the dioamond insignia originally. He had to changed it to the fleaur des lea dioamond insignia before returning to Australia. He was a WW2 veteran so I believed him. Now after researching this knife, I'm not so sure. Can anyone please let me know any information about my Hj F.E.S. rosteri dagger?
    Kind Regards and thank you!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post WW2 German Scouting / HJ Knife Transition Discussion  
    Last edited by Rachel Falovic Moss; 09-13-2015 at 07:36 AM.

Quote by Rachel Falovic Moss View Post
    Hi there. I have a original hj scouting dagger,as shown in your collection. The first green handled one. Mine has a diamond shaped red and silver Fleur des lea in the handle. Would you be interested in purchasing this item? To properly complete your collection? Kind regards. Rachael Moss.
    Hello Rachel and welcome to the forum!
    I am not sure if you noticed but this member has been banned from this forum. Also, we do not allow the sale or buying of items in the regular areas of the forum. You can find a classified section at the bottom of the main page.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Rachel Welcome to the forum.... The blade appears to be Solingen and the letters " FES " may be researchable which I will look into my German Cutlery Reference. What I am impressed by is that you read the this thread and placed it here within this thread of these types..instead of randomly posting it anywhere in the whole forum. Very Nice . This knife does belong in this thread of Modern day German producers.

Enjoy your stay here and wait for others opinions on your knife. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

My apologies ...and a correction ..it seems as our very attentive Mod Ralph has moved the posts to this thread..or Rachel Moved..regardless..the knife is in the correct forum and thread and I will delete the original thread in the main forum. Sorry for the confusion ladies and gents. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thats ok, Thank you everyone.

?

Default Unidentified scout knife

Hi can anyone help me identify this scout knife, era, value etc. I have not been able to find any with the same shape blade.
    Thanks in advance
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post WW2 German Scouting / HJ Knife Transition Discussion   Post WW2 German Scouting / HJ Knife Transition Discussion  

MAP
    ?

Not a style I've seen before. Look however like the blade has been reshaped.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Another from stepdad's collection.
    I was told this was a 'Scout Knife'. Upon looking them up it appears that they were made post-war.
    Any other information about this one greatly appreciated

It is smaller than his Youth Knife:

Thanks, Bex.