Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Real or fake HJ knife

Article about: I have seen this one for sale in an other country, so no chance to touch it before buying it These are the only two pictures in the add, but the seller will be sending me more/better picture

Default Real or fake HJ knife

I have seen this one for sale in an other country, so no chance to touch it before buying it
    These are the only two pictures in the add, but the seller will be sending me more/better pictures soon. Anybody got some oppinions about the knife..? I for one have never seen the diamond in the handle soo big, and are wondering why the seller have not cleaned a little bit before taking the pictures..?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real or fake HJ knife   Real or fake HJ knife  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real or fake HJ knife
    P
    Many

?

Fake

Pass 🔪

?

Looks like there is a lip at the top of the scabbard which would indicate a fake post war made

It looks a lot like one of those cheap Chinese replicas. I had one(knowing it was a replica) and it had the same blade shape and it looks like there is a fake RZM mark on the ricasso on the same side as the motto(like the Chinese one). IMO the reason this wasn't cleaned is because it has been chemically aged to make it appear old. If you don't mind what's the price the seller is looking for?
    Edit: Enlarging the picture I may be wrong about the RZM mark. I originally thought I saw it under the dirt but enlarging the photo it could just be dirt.

Much controversy..and past discussions surround the authentication of these type of knives ( NS Student Bund )

Take notice to the stretched Swastika type diamond.

Real or fake HJ knife
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Popcorn: The seller is asking 100 pound for it. Here are some better pictures. I think it looks like a copy/replica now i can see it closer on
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real or fake HJ knife   Real or fake HJ knife  

Quote by Karaya1 View Post
    Popcorn: The seller is asking 100 pound for it. Here are some better pictures. I think it looks like a copy/replica now i can see it closer on
    Thank you. So it does have the RZM on the same side as the motto. Huge red flag. IMO 100% repro at an extremely outrageous price.

Hi. Here is a pic of the Chinese Replica. Also artificially aged. Same RZM M7/38. These are very cheap.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real or fake HJ knife  

100 pounds, are you kidding? I guess at that price it must be real? The rust staining you see on the handle is from being dunked in a pail of water with rusty nails for quite a long time to age it. Ask yourself, when have you seen another one that looked that awful? I look at these everyday, and they all look nicely aged, not like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast