Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Rzm m7/30

Article about: hi all , this knife has some issues which i`d like opinions on ! Firstly , the maker mark on the blade - notice where it says solingen , the en has been replaced with F11 , is this a pre `45

?

Default Rzm m7/30

hi all , this knife has some issues which i`d like opinions on ! Firstly , the maker mark on the blade - notice where it says solingen , the en has been replaced with F11 , is this a pre `45 stamp or later ? Secondly , the shape and condition of the blade - i don`t know if this has been ground and chromed later or is this of later than period manufacture ? What do you think of the RZM marks ? The fittings are non magnetic which are plated and are showing wear . the grips look replaced and has steel rivets, but the lozenge looks fine and has a slight wiggle ! The scabbard is a nice original period piece . All comments welcome !

cheers Al
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rzm m7/30   Rzm m7/30  

Rzm m7/30   Rzm m7/30  

Rzm m7/30  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rzm m7/30
    P
    Many

Default Re: Rzm m7/30

Hi Al, aside from the plated blade, which I am unsure about, the "F11" issue I think can be explained by a faulty die? The bottom of the "E" being missing, making it look like an "F" and the middle stroke of the "N" making it look like a number "11".

Aside from that I don't see any problems.

Cheers, Ade.

?

thanks for the comments Ade ! any other opinions from you dagger guy`s ?

Al

Hi Al
    The RZM mark is correct for that maker. It wasn't un common for these blades to be sharpened, or chromed, which I think has happened here

all in all a nice HJ piece

?

thank`s John , i appreciate your thoughts .

Al