Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Transitional Hj knife by Wingen

Article about: Hi all,i would appreciate your opinions on this hj knife. It seems ok to me I made my usual Rx to the handle Many thanks Luca

Default Transitional Hj knife by Wingen

Hi all,i would appreciate your opinions on this hj knife. It seems ok to me
    I made my usual Rx to the handle
    Many thanks
    Luca
    Transitional Hj knife by WingenTransitional Hj knife by Wingen
    Transitional Hj knife by WingenTransitional Hj knife by WingenTransitional Hj knife by WingenTransitional Hj knife by Wingen

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Transitional Hj knife by Wingen
    P
    Many

I have to say I don't like the Knight logo on the ricasso. Rather poorly formed compared to what is normally seen on earlier knives. Other 1938 Wingen HJ knives don't have it and the RZM mark is etched on the blade.Transitional Hj knife by Wingen

IMO is a nice transitional HJ Knife by Wigen, I have seen this logo variant before, also has a nice personalization (GU on the crossguard)

Best regards

Nacho

I am okay with this maker's mark.
    I researched this when considering mine. I will post photos later.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks for opinions...i saw this maker mark but not with the motto...could it have been added later or is genuine pre 45 motto??
    Thanks again

Let's see what Ralph can turn up in terms of a photo of another example. But we know there are fake Wingen marked fighting knives with the same knight logo. So it is a maker extra caution is needed. I would want to see other HJ examples to compare with.

I saw other knives with this kind of maker mark but with no motto...could It have been added later?

I don't have full photos of the blade, but this should be enough.
    I can take more if anyone wants me to.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Looks like the same Knight logo marks to me, though the RZM mark is struck deeper. But I would be happy the subject marks being lighter as 1938 being a transitional year for the ricasso mark, possibly modified in the 1939 year to be more obvious. Thanks to Ralph for his photo additions to the tread. Presence of a motto on a 1938 blade is not uncommon.

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Looks like the same Knight logo marks to me, though the RZM mark is struck deeper. But I would be happy the subject marks being lighter as 1938 being a transitional year for the ricasso mark, possibly modified in the 1939 year to be more obvious. Thanks to Ralph for his photo additions to the tread. Presence of a motto on a 1938 blade is not uncommon.
    No motto on my blade.
    Ralph.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast