Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

98K bayonet w/ double markings on handle

Article about: I found this 98K bayonet that I am interested in, however, it has double stamping on the handle. I've been searching the forum for another like it but the site is only giving me limited numb

No problem at all with this bayonet, from what we can see in these photos, though it looks like it's been cleaned and polished.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 98K bayonet w/ double markings on handle
    P
    Many

Gents let me know if this would have relevance as I moved member Kekels Berg & Co. double proofed example to its own thread. I will move it back if warranted.

Double stamped Bayonet agv
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

It's not unusual with 2 WaA stamp on Pommel .. I have several with 2 stamp in the same place

?

These also use the WaA519
    crs P. Weyersberg, Solingen 1942-45
    agv Berg & Co. Solingen 1942-44
    asw-(sgx code 2) - E.u.F. Hörster, Solingen 1942-45
    cof Carl Eickhorn, Solingen 1942-44
    ddl Josua Cort, Remscheid 1942-43
    ffc F. Herder, Solingen 1942-44
    fnj A. Coppel, Solingen 1942-44
    cqf Clemen & Jung, Solingen 1943
    fze F. W. H ller, Solingen 1943-44
    cul E. Pack, Solingen 1943-44
    cvl WKC, Solingen 1942-44
    clc Rich. Herder, Solingen 1944
    pyy Berg & Co. (second code) 1944

Hi there,

up to a certain point in 1944 it was quite normal for there to be 2 stamps on the handle head. Anything else would be rather abnormal.

It was only from 1944 that everything was simplified somewhat and only accepted once.

Quote by Sleepwalker View Post
    Hi there,

up to a certain point in 1944 it was quite normal for there to be 2 stamps on the handle head. Anything else would be rather abnormal.

It was only from 1944 that everything was simplified somewhat and only accepted once.
    Same opinion. Best Regards, Fred

?

Cqf is not correct letter code,cqh is Clemen&Jung.

?

I've been wrong. it is namely cqh

Looks like a nice un-messed with item. My understanding per the previous questions is that bayos of this year would usually have bakalite grips as wood was only used on early and particularly late examples as the oil required for bakelite was getting scarce. I always wandered why two waffenamts were stamped on the pommel, was this because it was inspected on two occasions and marked accordingly, or did they have to persons checking one another's work?

Quote by kalifornia Uber Alles View Post
    Looks like a nice un-messed with item. My understanding per the previous questions is that bayos of this year would usually have bakalite grips as wood was only used on early and particularly late examples as the oil required for bakelite was getting scarce. I always wandered why two waffenamts were stamped on the pommel, was this because it was inspected on two occasions and marked accordingly, or did they have to persons checking one another's work?
    On some of the early period bayonets 'Waffenamts' from German Army inspectors are seen seemingly all over the place which gradually declined probably as a matter of speeding up the process, and the loss of personnel to other areas that were needed to supervise the growing emphasis on production for the military. That only got worse which is also seen on a number of other items as shortcuts were taken to speed up production. As for Bakelite there was little if any impact on oil production itself - the primary materials coming from coal tars, alcohols, etc. that were becoming increasingly harder to obtain in sufficient quantities in a wartime economy. The Typ41 introduced in 1943 (reddish) plastic Bakelite a result of an earlier study to stretch out the plastic resins by adding wood based fillers. The switching back by some makers from wood to the Typ41 plastics an indicator that the chemical industry was able to meet the challenge (if not completely for the most part). Best Regards, Fred

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3