Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Bayonet with portapee question

Article about: Gentlemen, I got this bayonet as part of a package deal with an SA dagger and a couple of other items (arm band and a lighter). According to this forum the portapee identifies unit assignmen

Default Bayonet with portapee question

Gentlemen,

I got this bayonet as part of a package deal with an SA dagger and a couple of other items (arm band and a lighter). According to this forum the portapee identifies unit assignment but I didn't see any that looked like this one. I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

There is a piece of red felt in a slot on this bayonet. There are no makers mark that I could see. There is the faintest bit of green material where a wooden bead is broken so maybe it's missing something?

These items were sold to me by a veteran's family and I was given a copy of his discharge papers. I'm now curious as to the orginal owner.

Thank you for your input and help.

Bayonet with portapee questionBayonet with portapee questionBayonet with portapee question

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bayonet with portapee question
    P
    Many

Hi Lynette, you have an authentic German dress bayonet, a KS98, unmarked, Third Reich era, used by the armed forces with off duty uniform. The troddel (portapee) colours are faded but appears to be blue, white, blue, silver which would indicate it was for a soldier of 1st Bataillon, 4th Kompanie.
    The slider ball (schieber) is broken off, but would be blue matching the blue wreath (kranz) on the top part of the bulb. The tassel would be silver bullion thread.
    The patent leather frog is correct.

Thank you so much! I was looking for "beige and black" so I was way off 😅. This is a pretty neat bonus that came with my SA. I might be more excited over this bayonet right now.

?

Trodell on a KS98 with short blade looks ok combination, i see a normal Extra frog.