Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Carl Grah dress bayonet

Article about: Please could anyone tell me how rare a Carl Grah dress bayonet is? I believe in SA daggers it is a hard maker to find? The top longer bayonet is the Carl Grah and the bottom one is an Aescul

?

Default Carl Grah dress bayonet

Please could anyone tell me how rare a Carl Grah dress bayonet is? I believe in SA daggers it is a hard maker to find?

The top longer bayonet is the Carl Grah and the bottom one is an Aesculap with the different screws in the grip like a Pack dress bayonet.

Thank you kind regards

Luke
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Carl Grah dress bayonet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Carl Grah dress bayonet
    P
    Many

Hi Luke very cool..but could you post closeup photos of the producer logo for Carl Grah ?
    Its very blurred.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Here is the trademark Larry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Carl Grah dress bayonet   Carl Grah dress bayonet  

Carl Grah did make bayonets and are quite a rare find.

This producer from what I can see in the K98 data registry is not listed.

2 questions for the Bayo collectors and researchers :

1. What would be the 3 letter code for Carl Grah and I will add it to the data list
    2. Could we assemble a list of just the producers for Dess bayonets and I will pin it to the top of this forum.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Carl Grah didn't make combat S84/98 bayonets but did make the private purchase KS98, as illustrated above. They were a small scale producer and as such anything they produced is going to be uncommon if not "rare". They did produce bayonets in WW1. These are nice examples above.

I owned a short fire bayonet by Carl Grah at one time, back when I was collecting fire bayonets by maker and distributor mark. A cool logo that was deeply stamped, it had a lot to like. I've only seen that bayonet and now this one so it's definitely a rare mark on a dress bayonet.

?

Thank you for the replies. I now hope to save up and get an decent example of an etched bayonet. But will try and get Wayne Techets book first so i don't make a costly mistake!