Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Dress bayonet with questionable etching.

Article about: Hello friends! Short question. Should I buy that Extra-Bayonet or better not? What do you think about ... Best Regards, Frank

?

I would think this is a typical Klaas side panel etches, the name of Regiment was so destined in 1939, question is that bayonet not earlier? so i would see here more problems, even not clear visible the details of etch.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dress bayonet with questionable etching.
    P
    Many

For the sake of accuracy, the decorative "bookends" in the OP's bayonet are Puma unique designs and NOT the swirling cross used by Robert Klaas.
    Klaas never overlaid the German helmet or eagle motif over the swirling pattern design. In Klaas etchings the helmet or eagle is to the side of the swirling cross.
    Below is a Klaas example for comparison. I might add both companies claimed to have invented the swirling pattern and both made sure they were visually different to avoid legal action from the other.

Dress bayonet with questionable etching.

?

Could be so as You mentioned, thanks for addings, unfortunally i am not expert in etches, anyway the borderlines looks similar to Klaas same as the end panels are very similar to Klaas patterns. Personally i would tend to opinion Puma only added the Helmet and NS eagle and little updated the etch motives. As Klaas had it law copyright for this end panels. On different makers had to be Ges.Gesch. on lower part of the etch.

Thank you guys a lot for the informations I don't knew. I decided now NOT to bid at the bayonet. Tell you here, when the auction ends and what price it reaches.
    Last edited by Ilse Schattenwolf; 11-18-2021 at 05:00 PM.

Frank I changed the title of your thread that will describe what it is that you need help with.
    This also helps the search engines within this forum and outside the forum to lead traffic to this website.
    Any future postings please describe what type of edged weapon it is.

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Okey Larry. I remind it for the future.

Cheers Frank

Hey collectors,
    the dress-bayonet was sold yesterday for 535 € (600 $) in that action. Just for your info.

Cheers Frank

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2