Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

E. Pack & Söhne Bayonet, Late War, Matching

Article about: Hi gents! I've just picked up another matching one I'd like to show off. Very nice K98 Seitengewehr with red bakelite grip scales. Marked "44 cul" for a production date of 1944, an

?

Sorry to say i would on this disagree with SW as some of the samples that i got directly from houses in middle and west Slovakia, that are clear that were not reused postwar as found hidden on attics in untouched configuration as from 1945, were clearly cutted already in war as the cut areas looks old, the retaining strap was problem by using in armored and by vehicles as hold the scabbard in strong position in oposite to frogs wout the strap, that could be bent and move the protruding scabbard to side. The samples was certainly not cut by owners postwar as not woried it in service.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement E. Pack & Söhne Bayonet, Late War, Matching
    P
    Many

?

It would be nice to known where was found this bayonet? country area?, but the frog was produced post 1942, so this is a not long used frog, from the matching piece bayonet and the condition of frog it looks like not extra heavy used, anyway its question when the frog was used with this bayonet?? or replaced postwar or various thing could be done with both parts. When this would be a GIs bringback to home, there was not reason to cut the strap. As not used, they dont need to remove it. personally i never heard that some collectors would remove the strap from frogs.

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Very nice example.
    Thank you, Anderson. I'm very pleased with it myself. Time to hunt for the next one.

Quote by AndyB View Post
    It would be nice to known where was found this bayonet? country area?, but the frog was produced post 1942, so this is a not long used frog, from the matching piece bayonet and the condition of frog it looks like not extra heavy used, anyway its question when the frog was used with this bayonet?? or replaced postwar or various thing could be done with both parts. When this would be a GIs bringback to home, there was not reason to cut the strap. As not used, they dont need to remove it. personally i never heard that some collectors would remove the strap from frogs.
    Hi Andy,

I bought this from another collector in the states, so I really couldn't tell you where the bayonet was originally found before its previous owner acquired it. No way to tell how long the frog has been in this configuration, but the cut portion of the straps certainly appears aged, and looks to have been cut a very long time ago. Thanks!

?

the condition of 44.cul and being in US, is more real this complet is a GIs bring back.
    I have more then 2 pcs from late period RBNr, stamped which have the retaining strap removed and are aged. Even i dont collect frogs intensively.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2