Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Etched dress bayonet from F.W.Holler

Article about: Hi everyone. I need your opinion on the etching of that bayonet. The bayonet it self looks absolutely original without any traces of restoration to me. But that etching. Unfourtinately i hav

Default Etched dress bayonet from F.W.Holler

Hi everyone. I need your opinion on the etching of that bayonet. The bayonet it self looks absolutely original without any traces of restoration to me. But that etching. Unfourtinately i have no F.W.Holler official catalog at hand, so i tried to find one at least bayonet from the same maker with the same etching in the Internet but i was not lucky.
    Can anyone of you tell is that 3rd reich period original etching on the blade? Or is that postwar etching?
    And another question: Could any LuftWaffe solder have that bayounet? In case if the etching is original.
    I just have brown frog but i have no bayonet. I consider the idea to buy this bayonet for my brown frog ))
    Or perhaps you have something else to say on that bayo.
    Thank you!
    regards.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Etched dress bayonet from F.W.Holler   Etched dress bayonet from F.W.Holler  

Etched dress bayonet from F.W.Holler   Etched dress bayonet from F.W.Holler  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Etched dress bayonet from F.W.Holler
    P
    Many

Default more pictures

more pictures
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Etched dress bayonet from F.W.Holler   Etched dress bayonet from F.W.Holler  

Hi Spike ...wait for Anderson to chime in..he has a keen eye for these etched bayo blades.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Etched bayonets need better full length photos as much of the value is in the etching. That said, it is authentic TR era etching. This pattern is a fairly common Holler generic type for any branch of service, so yes would be appropriate for remembrance bayonet for Luftwaffe man. Look good with a Luftwaffe frog. Note it's the 20cm blade.
    For the purist, the issue might be the felt mortice stopper being red, but I understand flak units may have been red, a yellow felt plug usually is regarded as being for Luftwaffe personnel. But it's your bayonet.

Thank you for your comment! Sorry for the pictures, it was taken from deadler's web site.