Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Green paint on 43 cvl

Article about: Dear all, I’ve been offered with a SG 84/98. She comes with a matching scabbard and a frog that appears to be WW2 German, although I’m not able to find out any markings on it. The scabba

The frog is definitely German, so only the paint a post war addition. That could be removed without damaging the scabbard, but need to be careful removing it from frog.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Green paint on 43 cvl
    P
    Many

Thanks a lot gentlemen, after your inputs I think I'll get it.

?

cvl = Weyersberg Kirschbaum & Co. of Solingen. Correct?
    If professionaly painted, the "43cvl" on the scabbard would still be visible.

?

The blade looks like proofed sharpened, anyway the paint is old,and could be applied on black paint over, it could be as mentioned done by postwar east europe countries. as this color is typical for them. br.Andy

Thanks Andy. About the green paint, forget the shade of pic #3, which has been made with the camera’s flash on. Actually the color is less “vibrant”:
    Green paint on 43 cvl
    and it’s very close to the one applied on WW1 Austrian sturmesser sheats:
    Green paint on 43 cvl

?

More yellow or green colored are typical for Bulgaria as sample, i have similar color on M36 helmet, the Stm17 with similar color are more typical for hungarian part, the austrian part mostly used the grey/green (Zita green) which is visible on upper part of Stm17 scabbard in higher position.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2