Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help with etched bayonet

Article about: Hi guys, what are your thoughts on this? I know it is a KLAAS etch according to techets book (and they distributed their etch to others) but I am worried about the bottome left where a bit o

?

Default Help with etched bayonet

Hi guys,

what are your thoughts on this? I know it is a KLAAS etch according to techets book (and they distributed their etch to others) but I am worried about the bottome left where a bit of the etch is cut off. Also to the Panzer Abteilung 24 etch on the other side I have no clue if this is legit.

Attachment 1716412Help with etched bayonetHelp with etched bayonetHelp with etched bayonetHelp with etched bayonetHelp with etched bayonetHelp with etched bayonetHelp with etched bayonetHelp with etched bayonetHelp with etched bayonet

Thanks for your input.

Best,
    Marc
    Last edited by Larry C; 04-10-2024 at 02:10 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with etched bayonet
    P
    Many

I agree, a poorly executed etching, with part of the lower left "book end" missing, the edge bleeding into the template on right bookend. In fact the template seems a little too large to fit the blade. Rough edges on reverse side too. I would think a post war addition to the blade.
    As you say it is a Robt Klaas design, but seems to be an unmarked blade, which is a red flag for a double etching, as these were opportunities to advertise the brand.

?

Thanks Anderson, always a pleasure to get your insights