Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help Identifying Bayonet

Article about: I recently recieved this bayonet from a friend of a relative, whose father brought it back it back to the States after WWII. From the bit of research I've done I think it's a German dress ba

Default Help Identifying Bayonet

I recently recieved this bayonet from a friend of a relative, whose father brought it back it back to the States after WWII. From the bit of research I've done I think it's a German dress bayonet. I was wondering if someone could inform me as to what exactly I have here. I mainly collect US Helmets and Ordanance so I'm more than a bit out of my knowledge sphere with a german edge weapon. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Help Identifying Bayonet Help Identifying Bayonet
    Help Identifying Bayonet Help Identifying Bayonet
    Help Identifying Bayonet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help Identifying Bayonet
    P
    Many

?

Hello, Yes i do believe this is a german dress bayo! A really nice one aswell.

Quote by Sensei View Post
    Hello, Yes i do believe this is a german dress bayo! A really nice one aswell.
    Thank you for confirming my research. Is there any way to date these? Any idea if they're common or if they're less common?

?

Quote by nickman983 View Post
    Thank you for confirming my research. Is there any way to date these? Any idea if they're common or if they're less common?
    I don't know too much about bayonets or edged weapons in general so i can't help you too much. But i know that dress bayonets are quite common!

Yes, fairly common KS98 bayonet made post 1936, based on trademark. Nice dress frog that appears brown suggesting Luftwaffe, but could be black finish has worn off. These were private purchase items worn while off duty in uniform.

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Yes, fairly common KS98 bayonet made post 1936, based on trademark. Nice dress frog that appears brown suggesting Luftwaffe, but could be black finish has worn off. These were private purchase items worn while off duty in uniform.
    Thank you for the information! The frog is in fact brown. If it is indeed Luftwaffe that would be very nice since the only other piece of German militaria I own is a m40 Luftwaffe helmet.

Help Identifying Bayonet

?

Yes it could be LW used dress frog.