Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

identification M84 stamp on a k98 bayonet ??

Article about: Hi Does anyone have an idea why there is an M 84 stamp on my k98 bayonet. my first idea was that it was done after the war. but the stamps are also on the inside. on the wooden grips. I thin

?

Default identification M84 stamp on a k98 bayonet ??

Hi

Does anyone have an idea why there is an M 84 stamp on my k98 bayonet.
    my first idea was that it was done after the war.
    but the stamps are also on the inside.
    on the wooden grips.
    I think it's original. but I've never seen it before.identification M84 stamp on a k98 bayonet ??identification M84 stamp on a k98 bayonet ??identification M84 stamp on a k98 bayonet ??
    for the rest there are no weird stamps. or other things .
    the only link I can make is that it is a reference to the M84 / 98 bayonet official name.
    Does has anyone seen this before ??

Greetz lexis

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement identification M84 stamp on a k98 bayonet ??
    P
    Many

?

Most real a norwegian rework stamp.b.r.Andy

As for the serial number markings on the insides of the grips which are close, but do not match. With the "H" marking for lack of a better way to describe them - it looks like an early style Waffenamt as seen on some of the 1934/1935 ("K"/"G") dated P.08 German Luger pistols (and some bayonets). Best Regards, Fred

?

thanks for the reply .
    The number is not the same, but it is original.
    I try to upload the photos.
    most of the bajonnets I have are not the same inside.
    But I have never seen a norwegian or yugo bayonet, with matching numbers, and with the stamp ( m 84 ) on the inside of the wooden grips.
    They are normal in other places, and different numbering, with different adjustments.
    and I can not find a picture on the internet or books that comes close to what I have .
    can you please help me with some pics Andy

greetz lexis identification M84 stamp on a k98 bayonet ??identification M84 stamp on a k98 bayonet ??

A variable depending on the maker and time period, with the later period bayonets not only were the internal number markings eliminated or reduced they also reduced or eliminated (some of the) the Waffenamts - with some early bayonets having serial numbers as well as 'in house' assembly numbers etc. There are also the period reworks, some that are unmarked being almost indistinguishable from OEM bayonets, others with TR Depot style stamps, some that are reworked with perhaps as many as five different numbers all period and on the same bayonet. Some period mixtures incorporating renumbered parts from the Weimar, early TR, and later TR eras and maybe a Depot marking, all on the same bayonet. And some even manufactured using new with older parts right from the factory. With all that said, the "M 84" markings here are new to me and not seen on the OEM bayonets from this maker in that time period that I've had or handled. Best Regards, Fred

?

Your piece is a matching condition, the norwegian reworks were normally matched, not means the refurbishment to M1 Garand configuration, these could be too one refurbishment done by germans in war, but i personally preffere here Norwegian refurbishment, as already seen similar. I will proof find some pieces to present .b.r.Andy

?

Thanks fred for the extensive additional information.
    and yes this kind of stamp is also new to me. I hope that andyb will come with a few pictures because what I already said. I do not know any ddr / norwegian or yugo reworks with this finish.
    normally the scabberd is not re-stamped because it quickly dentes. you can find them but in other places with different finishes with bluing.
    And I have never seen a rework that has also taken the trouble to stamp the inside.

greetz lexis

?

Besides (over the years) when I search for information on the internet, I always come across your names. in different forums. both of you give good information. thanks

?

There exist a piece of S/184G with m48 serialing in same way, it was with brown plastic grips so its certainly a rework, question is this is a german war period refurbishment or postwar? i couldnt confirm this, some norwegian early refurbishments are fully matching, not to compare with later for M1 reworks, but it could be too a special rework of Germany in war period. b.r.Andy

?

Thank you for the effort to explain this.
    If I have found something more or different. I will let you know.

many thanks lexis

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast