Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

K98 bayonet fnj 44

Article about: hello all....sharing pics of my favorite bayonet that I have...it is an fnj44 and the scabbard is mismatched...I like this one because the bluing looks great (hopefully I've captured that) a

Default K98 bayonet fnj 44

hello all....sharing pics of my favorite bayonet that I have...it is an fnj44 and the scabbard is mismatched...I like this one because the bluing looks great (hopefully I've captured that)

all comment and critique is appreciated

K98 bayonet fnj 44
    K98 bayonet fnj 44

K98 bayonet fnj 44
    K98 bayonet fnj 44
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture K98 bayonet fnj 44  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement K98 bayonet fnj 44
    P
    Many

Hello,
    a nice 44 bayo, the way i like them, with red bakelite and tool marks...
    Thanks for sharing
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Nice find Kat ...Alexander Coppel produced.

Collectors like to have matched numbers..but nothing wrong with mismatched as well anything could of happened in battle and a loss of a scabbard at a moments notice ...and another picked up along the way.

Regards Larry
    Last edited by Larry C; 10-16-2022 at 01:14 PM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Always interesting the 1944 made S84/98 bayonets for that minimalist finishing of the blade and hilt. I do like the red/brown Bakelite grips.

?

Looks like nice S84/98 bayonet of late 1944 production, the missmatch of bayonet and scabbard could be done by capturing soldier. The majority of untouched 44 dated piece were found in matching condition normally. the handle was here cleaned a little as blade is in excellent rough mashining condition.

Hello,
    yes, untouched S84/98 have the same numbers. Mostly, captured parts were simply put together inappropriately from the battlefield.

Regards

thanks to all for your comments....to be honest, I can't remember if this one came with the scabbard or it was my other mis-match....either way, i really like the bake-lite handle and the visible filing/machine marks
    "Youth would be an ideal state if it came a little later in life" - Herbert Henry Asqulth