Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

K98 Bayonet Modified into fighting Knife by US soldier - markings on hilt

Article about: I have this Eickhorn K98 bayonet that was modified into a fighting knife by US serviceman. There are markings on the hilt that remind me of those on a german police bayonet. Any ideas on wha

Default K98 Bayonet Modified into fighting Knife by US soldier - markings on hilt

I have this Eickhorn K98 bayonet that was modified into a fighting knife by US serviceman. There are markings on the hilt that remind me of those on a german police bayonet. Any ideas on what these markings N7784K indicate or mean? thank you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture K98 Bayonet Modified into fighting Knife by US soldier - markings on hilt   K98 Bayonet Modified into fighting Knife by US soldier - markings on hilt  

K98 Bayonet Modified into fighting Knife by US soldier - markings on hilt  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement K98 Bayonet Modified into fighting Knife by US soldier - markings on hilt
    P
    Many

Still a bayonet and not a fighting knife. I have not tried placing a K98 bayonet into a US scabbard. Has anyone else tried? I think the length of bayonet would need to be shortened 1/2" to fit but not sure.
    John

The marks indicate it was a bayonet issued by the Kriegsmarine, North Sea fleet. Probably a 1938 marked bayonet. It's lost it's blade tip.

The tip has been ground down to make it into a side knife and fit into a us M1 bayonet scabbard.

Hello,

This is a naval troop stamp. N = 1870 - 1943 Marinestation der Nordsee (Naval Station North Sea) / from 1943 - 1945 Marineoberkommando Nord (Naval High Command North) in Wilhelmshafen.

Regards

?

This bayonet was converted with US scabbard, but it should be done postwar or by GIs, the bayonet is 1938 and is in n range, which are reported other KM Nordsee marked bayonets, so this inventory stamp was done around 1938/9.