Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

K98 bayonet and scabbard 44 fnj

Article about: Hi, new here! I have k98 bayonet and scabbard with matching numbers and made by fnj in 44. Unfortunately, the scabbard frog stud is missing. Is this a removable piece or is it somehow perman

Default K98 bayonet and scabbard 44 fnj

Hi, new here! I have k98 bayonet and scabbard with matching numbers and made by fnj in 44. Unfortunately, the scabbard frog stud is missing. Is this a removable piece or is it somehow permanently fixed? I’m at a lost how to how it was lost! Ideally I’d like to source a replacement…. Is this something anyone has come across?
    !K98 bayonet and scabbard 44 fnjK98 bayonet and scabbard 44 fnjK98 bayonet and scabbard 44 fnj

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement K98 bayonet and scabbard 44 fnj
    P
    Many

A salty but nice matching Alcoso. I love it!
    I have run into a missing stud on one of my Weimar Reissue S98/05 bayonets.
    Interestingly, the scabbard was painted black after the stud broke off (Or was taken off) My only conclusion is that it could've been broken off by the police department it was used at to make it easier to pull in and out of the frog after walking the beat. In this case It looks like it was broken while being carried quite some time ago.
    I would not try to repair it as it adds to its character and history, looks great as is!

I do not have any better pictures of my scabbard at the moment and I cannot take any pictures since I am on vacation so apologies for that.
    You can see that it is missing its stud though.

Another scabbard to compare it too.

Cheers!

?

The Coppel used mostly screw adding of hook with end riveting to hold in place, i had 43fnj, which could be turned to horizontal position, it would be possible probably to unscrew it from body. Normally the hooks were riveted in place. The washer was for adding more strenght and thickness of material as body of scabbard is too thin. Here the base plate -washer was not well soldered to scabbard body as it was broken of with hook complete.