Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Knot ID

Article about: This nice Eickhorn NCO bayonet came with a age toned knot with lime green stripes. Looks like the wrong color for Customs or Forestry. Thanks for any help.

?

Default Knot ID

This nice Eickhorn NCO bayonet came with a age toned knot with lime green stripes. Looks like the wrong color for Customs or Forestry. Thanks for any help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Knot ID   Knot ID  

Knot ID  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Knot ID
    P
    Many

Hi Kirby will move it to the K98 forum for further review
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hello,

this knot belongs to the Zollgrenzschutz (customs border guard). The Zollgrenzschutz was part of the Reichsfinanzverwaltung - RVF - (Reich Finance Administration).
    Such knots were worn from the ranks Zollwachtmeister to the Zollsekretär. These knots were given out and worn in service.

The bayonet here is an Extra-Seitengewehr - ESG -(Walking out bayonet), bought privately, not delivered on business.

In this case, unfortunately, the knot is not one of them. The frog and the ESG are pieces of a Wehrmacht member.

The customs border guard had their own walking out bayonets similar to the police.

Knot ID

Knot ID   Knot ID  

?

Hopefully you are correct. I have a nice customs bayonet with a RFV marked frog. It is not the same color of green as the knot you have shown. I checked out some Customs daggers and some hangers are a brighter green. I have a Customs visor and it’s cord has a different shade of green strips. Thanks for your help. A Customs knot has to be hard to find.

Knot ID   Knot ID  

Hello

Colors can of course vary from the past 80 years depending on the manufacturer, material, condition and storage. The piece I have shown is freshly issued in color and has never been worn.

The knot from post 1 # has faded green in the passages and the metal from post # 4 tarnished.
    But all are original.

Yes, the bayonet is a service of the RFV. A topic in itself.

?

Thanks again. It is nicely aged toned so it is probably faded. I should have thought about fading.