Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

KS 98 „Zur Erinnerung an meine Dienstzeit“

Article about: Hello, I ask for your assistance in determining the authenticity of a bayonet. I have been collecting edged weapons for a short time and have not yet learned to distinguish whether the etchi

The bayonets from your links are indeed identical to the one I wanted to buy. Additionally, they both have differences in engraving compared to the bayonet Anderson showed. But what's interesting is that on all three bayonets, the engraving is positioned slightly differently.

KS 98 „Zur Erinnerung an meine Dienstzeit“KS 98 „Zur Erinnerung an meine Dienstzeit“KS 98 „Zur Erinnerung an meine Dienstzeit“

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement KS 98 „Zur Erinnerung an meine Dienstzeit“
    P
    Many

?

The most important think by these etches is that the motto "an meine Dienstzeit" should be probably out of the fuller and normally visible. The position horizontally is not so important to me. The shape of Wehrmacht eagle should be compared too in details.

But the eagle (and other small details of the pattern) on the bayonet that Anderson showed differs from all three bayonets that were displayed for sale in different places. So, it seems that either all three sales listings are selling counterfeits, or there were different batches of bayonets with varying engravings.

I'm completely confused now.

I'll repeat the photo that Anderson posted.

KS 98 „Zur Erinnerung an meine Dienstzeit“

?

Quality on all of the presented etches in case lines to divide various panels looks ok to me. But i am not expert and similar photos are low resolution to made a exact opinion.

"Problem is here there are different type of fullers so the etch looks different" AndyB, no the fuller type is not an issue to the questions I have raised as they occur outside of the area of the fuller.,
    As you admit you have not studied etched bayonets.

?

For me the first piece make a good feeling when looking at lines same as i prefere comparing on identical type of blades. Even the motto is slightly moved into the thin fuller in lower part.

I found another bayonet with the same text, also from Höller, but the pattern looks completely different. Could this also be original, or is it definitely a fake?

KS 98 „Zur Erinnerung an meine Dienstzeit“KS 98 „Zur Erinnerung an meine Dienstzeit“KS 98 „Zur Erinnerung an meine Dienstzeit“KS 98 „Zur Erinnerung an meine Dienstzeit“

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2