Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

KS98 double etched bayonet

Article about: Hello Gents, I would like to acquire this KS 98 double etched bayonet.Can someone please help me regarding this bayonet authenticity ? I know there are many fakes.

Default KS98 double etched bayonet

Hello Gents,

I would like to acquire this KS 98 double etched bayonet.Can someone please help me regarding this bayonet authenticity ? I know there are many fakes.

KS98 double etched bayonet KS98 double etched bayonet
    KS98 double etched bayonet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement KS98 double etched bayonet
    P
    Many

This etching pattern, the remembrance side a known Alcoso type, combined with this calvary scene on the other side is a known post war reproduction. The photos frankly are very poor and this type of etched bayonet requires much better photos for analysis. You need full length sharp photos of each side that can be enlarged. What we have here is sections visible and some out of focus. Perhaps deliberately. Over to you if you wish to ask seller for better photos, bearing in mind it has strong possibility the etching is post WW2. The KS98 itself is likely to be TR era.

Thank you,Anderson.I will ask the seller to make better photos.

Unfortunately,another seller that doesn't send more detailed photos.He doesn't respond to my request.Now I see that's more and more types of this sellers.

No seller you should bother dealing with then. Never buy without proper pictures, only if the price is that low that you can be sure even if its a fake, you wont make any loss.
    If you are just searching for a nice K98 bayonet without necessarily any etching, you will find plenty original ones, so no shame on passing on this (probably) post war ruined piece.

Indeed Adravor !I am lucky to find this amazing forum with many informations and nice members.

Thats true, ask about the items youre interested in, read the posts about the topics youre intrested in, and you will soon find a nice original bayonet!

Well, as I suspected. Refusal to provide detailed photos confirms this is one of the known post WW2 fakes. Detailed photos would I'm sure show some poor etching alignment which is one of the main ways to identify the fakes. The seller clearly knew there were incriminating parts and didn't want them seen. 90% of the value in an etched KS98 is the etching itself. Seller's must show the full etching in sharp detail. If they don't provide, move on.