Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Number on Bayonet Crossguard

Article about: Hello These three numbers on Grossguard ''147'' - Any idea what number is ? (perhaps applied after the war?, maybe someone in here knows) - Unfortunately this late bayonet has been painted b

?

Default Number on Bayonet Crossguard

Hello

These three numbers on Grossguard ''147'' - Any idea what number is ? (perhaps applied after the war?, maybe someone in here knows) - Unfortunately this late bayonet has been painted black - (Manufacturer is S/177K - 1934 by Pack & Söhne, Stahlwarenfabrik in Solingen) - WaA88

Regards

jtns63
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Number on Bayonet Crossguard  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Number on Bayonet Crossguard
    P
    Many

Hello Jtns....can you provide more photos ?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Likely a post war mark

?

Personally i tend to refurbishment serialing in war, first digit is larger as 47 evidently.

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Hello Jtns....can you provide more photos ?

I don't know what kind of pictures you have in mind? -
    Here are some pictures and this number ''147'' does not match the serial numbers.
    I hope pictures are enough?

jtns63
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Number on Bayonet Crossguard   Number on Bayonet Crossguard  

Number on Bayonet Crossguard   Number on Bayonet Crossguard  

?

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Likely a post war mark
    My thought too

?

Quote by AndyB View Post
    Personally i tend to refurbishment serialing in war, first digit is larger as 47 evidently.
    That's right, a bit strange that it's bigger + the placement of the numbers (Top of Grossguard) -
    Have you seen it before?

?

The barell ring area numbering is not confirmed on postwar refurbishments, the piece is clearly dissasembled as the screws are damaged on slots, question remains what for assembly numbers are on inner parts? the handle and scabbard was black painted evidently. As the flashguard is wout blueing but the crossguard looks blued, it should be looked to serialing of this parts or proofs on them?.

Quote by jtns63 View Post
    I don't know what kind of pictures you have in mind? -
    Here are some pictures and this number ''147'' does not match the serial numbers.
    I hope pictures are enough?

jtns63
    The photos you posted in your post # 5 were the ones I had in mind..Thankyou
    Seeing the rest of the bayonet helps in further identification and authentication.
    Its all connected

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Maybe the person who painted it black stamped the numbers. Got any examples of WW2 era muzzle ring numbering Andy? I've never seen it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast