Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

“Himmler” Etching on Bayonet - post-war add-on?

Article about: I would be grateful to hear what the experts out there have to say about this bayonet. The bayonet certainly appears to be an original/authentic … but can you tell whether the etching was

?

Default “Himmler” Etching on Bayonet - post-war add-on?

I would be grateful to hear what the experts out there have to say about this bayonet.

The bayonet certainly appears to be an original/authentic … but can you tell whether the etching was added post-WWII?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture “Himmler” Etching on Bayonet - post-war add-on?   “Himmler” Etching on Bayonet - post-war add-on?  

“Himmler” Etching on Bayonet - post-war add-on?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement “Himmler” Etching on Bayonet - post-war add-on?
    P
    Many

?

What is your gut feeling ?
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

OMG...I love it ...a really nice and RECENT job .
    Should look great in a repro collection.

The Bayo guys will like it alot.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Post war etching without a doubt and probably fairly new. This is wrong on so many levels. It is not a E Pack etching, though someone has attempted to make it appear a bit like one. But the decorative features are inferior to a genuine E Pack. Horrible oak leaves & acorns. What is the premise for such a etching existing? should it not be on a deluxe KS98 with stag horn grips?

?

110% post war etch
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

Another nice piece of history ruined by money hungry fools

Ger

?

Thanks, guys!

My gut feeling was certainly that the etching was a post-war add-on.

I must say, I wondered why the etching would be done for Hitler’s 52nd birthday (20.4.41) and show Himmler’s signature?? - perhaps understandable if it had been awarded to a large number of SS men but I could find nothing on the internet about that.

Its a marketing tool for scammers knowing what attracts a buyer with Third Reich artifacts.

They will hump it up anyway they can..as the majority of collectors are less informed and educated in this area and the scammers know this.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Same opinion, ruined a nice KS98 with fantasy etch.