Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

omc 1940

Article about: Hallo What does omc 1940 use in WaA? (is it 757?) and use omc from 1939 - 40 the same WaA? How many were made by omc in 1939 and in 1940? Regards jtns63

?

A really good wording is a really good idea, I did it wrong from the first line of this post. My post was about what the WaA stamp is for this omc from 1940 and I know well who the manufacturer is.
    If you know the WaA stamp for this 1940 omc I would love to know.

Regards

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement omc 1940
    P
    Many

Its M ...Not omc !

Joseph Goebbels ....quoted as saying " If you repeat something long enough people will begin to believe it to be true.

Is this a matter of convenience calling this letter " M " ...omc or a hard habit to break ?
    The forum and community here prides itself on the correct use of company trademarks and code letters to help teach what documentation has been found over the years to identify these producers.

Regards Larry

Many years ago..I called SA gruppe marks ....Gau Marks until I was corrected ...which seen on the crossguards represented the SA gruppe stationed in that Gau region.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I who had thought (omc as it is read to someone who didn't show it before and the letter M was added in my notebook instead), well you learn something new about the S84/98 III bayonet all the time and it's good that get misunderstandings corrected and that thanks to the forum here and their knowledgeable people.

Regards

I thought omc was a musician.

?

Quote by Anderson View Post
    I thought omc was a musician.
    well OMD was....

Quote by gerrit View Post
    well omd was....
    omg!

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Joseph Goebbels ....quoted as saying " If you repeat something long enough people will begin to believe it to be true.

Is this a matter of convenience calling this letter " M " ...omc or a hard habit to break ?
    The forum and community here prides itself on the correct use of company trademarks and code letters to help teach what documentation has been found over the years to identify these producers.

Regards Larry

Many years ago..I called SA gruppe marks ....Gau Marks until I was corrected ...which seen on the crossguards represented the SA gruppe stationed in that Gau region.
    As I see it here is the (possible) problem: Setting aside for the moment that "Genossenschafts Maschinenhaus der Büchsenmacher, Ferlach/Kärnten" as it is seen in period documentation. What if it's a commercial logo from a company like Hörster? An "H", "vertical sword", and "S" all combined into a single mark. There you could use "H/sword/S" - but how would you describe the so-called "oMc"?? Best Regards, Fred

?

Should be called M for Maschinenhaus Ferlach. oMc was realised because lack of knowledge by reading the trade mark, because there was never o letter in front of M.

I think we all understand that, just having a bit of fun.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2