Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions 98 erfurt sawback

Article about: Overly new at this so any information is welcomed :/

Default Opinions 98 erfurt sawback

Overly new at this so any information is welcomed :/

Opinions 98 erfurt sawbackOpinions 98 erfurt sawbackOpinions 98 erfurt sawback

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions 98 erfurt sawback
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Where is all this coming from again?

Bayo looks ok but will let the blade guys comment on the details and frog.

I would really like to see a close up (front and rear) of the machine gunner arm patch. Highly faked...but it doesn't look tunic removed so might be a Falkenburg example that was liberated post war from the factory by the US soldiers of the Army of Occupation. This are almost always found in the US. Tunic removed examples are typically made by Junkers

WW1 Machine gunners sleeve badge
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I like it. Nice 98/05 N/A Sawback..aka Butcher Blade. With scabbard and frog..Winner Winner!!

Is there a date on the spine above the ricasso?

I have an ERFURT 1918 Kar98a , So anything that would attach to it with the same makers marks makes me smile!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Older gentleman is dismantling his collection and its a pretty large collection. I'll try to get another photo for you Friday - if it's still there.

Several more cases than these.

Opinions 98 erfurt sawbackOpinions 98 erfurt sawbackOpinions 98 erfurt sawback

MAP
    ?

Thanks. Like you said, a mixture of good and bad. Feel bad for the gentleman.

The oval shaped Luft Pilots badge in the last photo is rare as hens teeth. But sadly it's a fake. These were made in '33 and '34 and were tombac, not zinc.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

On the second picture there is a Telegraphers buckle on the left bottom (grey large one)
    Very rare and highly faked, so take a good look before buying these rare and expensive items, devil is in the details

Ger

Nice catch! Although I already don't like the tint of the paint. What about the two others above in the same photo?

Rare as hen's teeth - lol, never heard that one before.

I agree with everyone else the bayonet looks good and is in great shape. If you want to further check it out there should be three markings on the spine of the blade near the bottom a crowned "W" with a year below it and a makers mark which is repeated on top of the guard and at the bottom near the part that pops out. This is just based on the one I have which is from 1915 so there could be some variation.