Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Polish K98 Bayonet for discussion

Article about: It has been brought to my attention and currently for sale in the classifieds section that this bayonet would may be lacking necessary details only the eyes of the Bayonet gent could answer.

Quote by AndyB View Post
    ................... From my sources that i have of polish information sites the prewar finish should be nitridation, used mainly now in end of 90ies. Its not typical phosphate or blueing like mentioned................
    I think that there may be a translation or misinterpretation issue here, so from my perspective I have a different point of view. My interests (some more limited than others) over time have extended to multiple types of arms over several centuries that are primarily European and American that has given me the opportunity to examine many items in detail. A form of nitriding now in use I think on a few Glock pistols I have, although I have not seen their engineering/manufacturing data to confirm that. The oldest process being what we in the U.S call "rust" blueing that in Europe was called "browning" (BrĂ¼nierung) that was used for arms such as old muzzle loading muskets or later for SA scabbards and "browning" used in Europe for both the brown and blue/black oxides. In the U.S. "blueing" became the standard term to describe the blue/black finishes. In the U.S. Nitre bluing (sometimes called "hot dip" or "hot salts" bluing uses a process where the parts are suspended in a salt solution that contains Potassium Nitrate, Sodium Nitrate, and/or other chemicals (varies) and heated. The Germans at one time or another using all of the different processes to include the phosphate types during WW II (1920's in Czechoslovakia) that have also evolved over time. Best Regards, Fred

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Polish K98 Bayonet for discussion
    P
    Many

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3