Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

S/N 38 Spanish Standard-Modell 84/98?

Article about: I wasn't sure if I should've posted this bayonet in the 'Bayonets and trench knives of the world' forum or this sub-forum but considering its an 84/98 which I dont know much about I figured

?

Both pieces are from same maker and were destined for various exports of Mauser Standard rifle even partly Chinese partly South America contracts, but some ended in Spain, which samples are confirmed with PR8 stamp, unfortunally spanish refurbished its more time, so similar condition is impossible to found by well worried war used pieces.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement S/N 38 Spanish Standard-Modell 84/98?
    P
    Many

=Sleepwalker;2336347]Hello,

The S84/98 export you showed was exports to China (without WaA)

Army of Chiang Kai-shek .
    If we are discussing the same bayonet, the one I posted has a Waffenamt and I've seem multiple virtually identical ones that also have the Spanish "P.R.8." marking (it's not on the one I posted). Conversely, the bayonet with a serial number that you posted has been reported with having a fulll muzzle ring that is about 5000 numbers off from yours. Looking a little deeper into contemporary Asian contracts there was a Japanese contract that is interesting. And the Chinese contracts typically have Chinese acceptance markings, but are much more chaotic (and that's before you factor in the widespread counterfeiting that took place). Best Regards, Fred

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2