Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Salty matching k98 bayonet and frog

Article about: Good evening gents I’m not one for collecting edged weapons but I just want to show one of two bayonets I found locally to me. Both have matching numbers but this example still has its ori

?

Default Salty matching k98 bayonet and frog

Good evening gents
    I’m not one for collecting edged weapons but I just want to show one of two bayonets I found locally to me. Both have matching numbers but this example still has its original frog. Makers mark JWH 42
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Salty matching k98 bayonet and frog   Salty matching k98 bayonet and frog  

Salty matching k98 bayonet and frog   Salty matching k98 bayonet and frog  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Salty matching k98 bayonet and frog
    P
    Many

Very nice SG84/98III and pretty collectible, also, in this condition, congrats !

Manufactured in 1942 by Chattelerault, in France.

?

Thank you for the information, I did not know they produced some bayonets in France

That is indeed facinating. Did Klingenthal also make german Bayonets? In any case i think i have to get a french made... i have an 1829 made French Cuirass by Chattelerault.

A salty one by this maker might be the best you can find as they were low volume. Something like 25,000 units when the big boys were turning out 250,000 per year.
    The maker is Manufacture Nationale, also known as Staatliche Waffenfabrik, at Chatellerault, which of course is one of the old French armouries. An interesting piece.

?

Nice piece in collectable condition, the 42 year by Chatellerault is not so small, anyway its one of the smallest producer as produced only 1941-44. it would be nice to see the locking bolt from other side of pommel?

Quote by Adravor View Post
    That is indeed facinating. Did Klingenthal also make german Bayonets? In any case i think i have to get a french made... i have an 1829 made French Cuirass by Chattelerault.
    As for Klingenthal - they are much better known I think for this type of blade which is a heavy cavalry Cuirassier (aka Kürassier) sword. A number of which were taken as war booty by the Prussians becoming the M1817, the smaller example pre-WWI for a Prussian Heavy Cavalry Officer. Best Regards, Fred
    Attached Images Attached Images Salty matching k98 bayonet and frog 
    Last edited by Frogprince; 06-09-2021 at 09:03 AM.

Quote by ShaneH View Post
    Good evening gents
    I’m not one for collecting edged weapons but I just want to show one of two bayonets I found locally to me. Both have matching numbers but this example still has its original frog. Makers mark JWH 42
    Congratulations on acquiring one of the harder to find makers of bayonets. Best Regards, Fred

Good pick up on a less common maker.
    John

?

Thanks for the reply’s and info on this bayonet gents it’s much appreciated. As I said I’m not one for collecting edged weapons even though I have about 8 German bayonets in my collection, they are just something I have never really focused on but now I’m intrigued.