Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Sawback Plain Blade Dress Bayonet- Gustav Felix

Article about: Hey Gents Posting this for a friend that picked this up at a yard sale. There is no history or story attached to it...yet stories dont matter anyway I have to say that I myself..have never s

Default Sawback Plain Blade Dress Bayonet- Gustav Felix

Hey Gents

Posting this for a friend that picked this up at a yard sale. There is no history or story attached to it...yet stories dont matter anyway

I have to say that I myself..have never seen a sawback dress bayo before...so Im just as curious as well.
    What are your thoughts on this and does it hold any credibility?

Regards Larry

Sawback Plain Blade Dress Bayonet- Gustav FelixSawback Plain Blade Dress Bayonet- Gustav Felix

Sawback Plain Blade Dress Bayonet- Gustav FelixSawback Plain Blade Dress Bayonet- Gustav Felix

It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sawback Plain Blade Dress Bayonet- Gustav Felix
    P
    Many

?

Strange is the form of sawback tooths that goes into fuller of blade, question remains is there a corect plating on the tooths, so when yes the sawback was made prior nickel plating of blade. Maybe a catalog of Gloria Werk could help for dating or for what branch it should be prefered. Possible for Fireworkers variation?

The saw back is cut deeper than you would see with a Fire faschinenmesser, I would like to see a photo from above, if the saw back was cut in the factory the saw edge would be nickel plated. If they are not plated them this is probably a post war modification to the blade, which is what I suspect is the case. Rivets also suspect, not factory used type IMO, which would suggest dis-assemby to make the modification. I'm thinking a post war enhancement to increase potential sale value.

One more photo of the sawback teeth. ..I dont see any plating but you gents can decide.

It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hello. You can compare the coating with the teeth of the DRC hewer, but it will most likely be found in a catalog or someone can show you the same one. This dagger cannot be the only one.

Georgi.

?

The tooths were done proffesionally anyway there is no plating on the sawback, so probably done post nikeling period?

I have seen a example on German Daggers years ago.