Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Serial number location k98 bayonet

Article about: Hello, I got this K98 bayonet from a guy who wanted to get rid of it because of the bad shape .It really is in bad shape it does still have kind of good bakelite grips but everything else is

?

Default Serial number location k98 bayonet

Hello,
    I got this K98 bayonet from a guy who wanted to get rid of it because of the bad shape .It really is in bad shape it does still have kind of good bakelite grips but everything else is badly degraded , the button actually still works . I have an other one wich is marked cof 43 and with the serial number in the middle ( all the one’s i see have the serial number in the middle ).
    But this one has the number to the side of the blade . I added some waterpaint on it to make it more clear , also has a date mark 38 or 39 on the top but no maker marks visible anymore . The only maker i came across who used to press the serial numbers on the side is dürkopp ? So my question is where there beside dürkopp other manufacturers who did this ? Or is this a number post war added ?
    Kind regards
    Serial number location k98 bayonetSerial number location k98 bayonetSerial number location k98 bayonetSerial number location k98 bayonet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Serial number location k98 bayonet
    P
    Many

?

yes this could be Durkopp, when dissmounting there are special WaA inside.

?

Its easy explanation when they made a long fuller that ended in area of crossguard, so they could not add the long serial number centered but was moved sidely to bring it correctly readable there. Thats all.

It's true the fuller extends closer to the crossguard than normally seen, but I have one similar and the serial numbers are still centered and fits. I think it could equally be a Monday morning mistake or a new operator taking on the task.

?

Personally i dont believe this is a monday production mistake as its visible on majority of Durkopp production post 1937, evidently there were occured that some of the digits ended in fuller so were not fully visible and the serialing was moved more to side , by jwh the letter of series were moved sidely, as the fuller are too longer inside of ricasso.