MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

VZ 24 Bayonet.

Article about: Hello and best new year wishes. I have some questions about this bayonet. To me it's a pre war (made in 1936 ?) VZ 24 bayonet, with german reworking (cuting the ring). The blade and probably

?

Default VZ 24 Bayonet.

Hello and best new year wishes.
    I have some questions about this bayonet.
    To me it's a pre war (made in 1936 ?) VZ 24 bayonet, with german reworking (cuting the ring).
    The blade and probably all the bayonet was painted in black color, not a solid paint, maybe made by a collector ?
    The blade and crossguard looks phosphated and the pommel light blued.
    I don't know if the scabbard is pre or post war, but it's not the german style one.
    What about the finish of this bayonet, original ww2 or post war rework ? What about the scabbard ?
    Thank you.
    VZ 24 Bayonet.
    VZ 24 Bayonet.
    VZ 24 Bayonet.
    VZ 24 Bayonet.
    VZ 24 Bayonet.
    VZ 24 Bayonet.
    VZ 24 Bayonet.
    VZ 24 Bayonet.
    VZ 24 Bayonet.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement VZ 24 Bayonet.
    P
    Many

Quote by Ir 143 View Post
    Hello and best new year wishes.
    I have some questions about this bayonet.
    To me it's a pre war (made in 1936 ?) VZ 24 bayonet, with german reworking (cuting the ring).
    The blade and probably all the bayonet was painted in black color, not a solid paint, maybe made by a collector ?
    The blade and crossguard looks phosphated and the pommel light blued.
    I don't know if the scabbard is pre or post war, but it's not the german style one.
    What about the finish of this bayonet, original ww2 or post war rework ? What about the scabbard ?
    Thank you.
    Maybe it's the lighting, but what I am seeing is a bayonet and scabbard with the characteristics of TR period rework. Muzzle ring cut off and all the metal parts blued. The seeming differences being that originally the blade and muzzle ring were phosphated by the Czechs which gives a matte/dull appearance while the reblued scabbard and the rest of the originally bright/polished hilt parts received the same blued finish. Best Regards, Fred

?

Already answered on WAF, the piece was reworked by germans, the cut of barell ring is blued same as pommel, the blade was lightly phosphated so over this made a blueing is light and not extra heavy .b.r.Andy

Another VZ 24 Bayonet. -

Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    Last edited by Larry C; 01-12-2021 at 03:11 PM.

Hi there,

yes it is a revised Vz24. This was called the German Seitengewehr 24 (t).
    These pieces originally had a phosphated blade and a phosphated crossguard with a muzzle.
    During the revision, the entire bayonet was burnished over without working the surface beforehand.
    Therefore you can still see the original phosphating here.
    Is everything ok Especially with the S24 (t) there are very, very many different revision variants.

greetings

?

Thank you for your replies. This bayonet comes nicely in my collection. I start cleaning the paint, it easy goes with nail varnish remover.
    The blade looks in nice condition under the paint.
    Best regards.