Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Weyersberg M1884/98 Bayonet & Scabbard

Article about: Hi Guys, Another treat added to the collection. 1943 Weyersberg - M1884/98 Bayonet & Scabbard. The number would've been good if it was 9669 but 9668 is close enough! Looks like it's been

?

Default Weyersberg M1884/98 Bayonet & Scabbard

Hi Guys,

Another treat added to the collection.

1943 Weyersberg - M1884/98 Bayonet & Scabbard.
    The number would've been good if it was 9669 but 9668 is close enough!
    Looks like it's been sharpened at some point.

Scabbard stamped 4911.

Thanks,

Danger
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Weyersberg M1884/98 Bayonet & Scabbard   Weyersberg M1884/98 Bayonet & Scabbard  

Weyersberg M1884/98 Bayonet & Scabbard   Weyersberg M1884/98 Bayonet & Scabbard  

Weyersberg M1884/98 Bayonet & Scabbard   Weyersberg M1884/98 Bayonet & Scabbard  

It's one thing to look at it with your mouth open, but it's better to shoot it gritting your teeth!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Weyersberg M1884/98 Bayonet & Scabbard
    P
    Many

Not a lot of bluing left unfortunately, looks like it had a rust issue someone has sanded off. This and the fact the scabbard doesn't match should bring the price down. But as such it makes an acceptable entry level bayonet for a new collector. And there are plenty like this out there. Thanks for showing us.

?

Hi,

Yes I got it at a price I couldn't refuse.
    It was the serial number that tickled my fancy the most and swayed my decision.

That and my oldest son is going through a knife phase and looks at his modest collection with his hands, just like I did at his age.
    This will be a first "responsibility" piece. Once I've had a good look!!

Thanks,

Danger
    It's one thing to look at it with your mouth open, but it's better to shoot it gritting your teeth!

?

One large minus is the sharpening of blade, the 43crs is Paul Weyersberg,the grips looks too dark for 43, so its possible the grips were replaced.Unfortunally the frog was broken in area of scabbard hook probably as not corectly removed from scabbard. Scabbard is missmatch. For a young collector its a good start when the price was ok.

A crs 43, B series example in a bit better condition.

Weyersberg M1884/98 Bayonet & Scabbard