MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Authenticating A luftwaffe Dagger

Article about: First of all can i say that as a new member ive been pleasantry surprised at how active this forum is. I truly do feel welcomed and hope to learn from this place. That being said, i have bee

?

Default Authenticating A luftwaffe Dagger

First of all can i say that as a new member ive been pleasantry surprised at how active this forum is. I truly do feel welcomed and hope to learn from this place.
    That being said, i have been snooping around this forum looking for clues and its leading me to believe this dagger im thinking of purchasing is legitimate. Though I thought itd be best to get some insight from people who are far more experienced in this than I.

Apologies if i havnt formatted this post correctly, still trying to figure stuff out.

EDIT:
    So after more research another point that seemed weird to me is the detail on the hilt itself. Ive seen other type 2 daggers and it seems like theres like a raised edge to it on the border? The one i have seems like its been pressed on. I can still feel some indentation but its not very prominent.
    Last edited by Vale; 07-17-2021 at 04:47 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Authenticating A luftwaffe Dagger
    P
    Many

Glad you made it here Vale...your dagger is 100 % right as rain in every detail and construction by this Soligen Metallwarenfabrik producer.

You done well.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

MAP
    ?

Love that it still has the gold wash on the pommel! Very nice.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I thank you for the reply and information. It did feel like it was the genuine thing but just had to make sure. Thanks once again.

?

Vale welcome here and enjoy your stay!

there are only a few Luftwaffe daggers producers that have these gilded swastika's, SMF is one.
    The leaves on the scabbardbands shows immediately thats its a SMF one.
    The blade its stamped with the Waffen Amt stick eagle just above the logo of the seated king.
    a bit pity that the chrome plated blade is a bit dull, other then that a lovely one.

Cheers,
    Ger

?

Welcome Vale!
    Great piece this is how we like them.

Ron

Very nice indeed, Regards Paul

TWS
    ?

Very nice solid example. I always liked the "seated king" logo of SMF.

If I may, here's mine:
    Authenticating A luftwaffe DaggerAuthenticating A luftwaffe Dagger
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."