Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

A been there and done that type II Gravity Knife

Article about: This one came with a group of items I acquired. A very well used Type II gravity knife (take down). All in working order but well worn. The blade has been sharpened, but not terribly and lik

Default A been there and done that type II Gravity Knife

This one came with a group of items I acquired. A very well used Type II gravity knife (take down). All in working order but well worn. The blade has been sharpened, but not terribly and likely by the original owner. All thoughts and opinions are appreciated. Thank you for looking.
    John

A been there and done that type II Gravity KnifeA been there and done that type II Gravity KnifeA been there and done that type II Gravity KnifeA been there and done that type II Gravity KnifeA been there and done that type II Gravity KnifeA been there and done that type II Gravity KnifeA been there and done that type II Gravity KnifeA been there and done that type II Gravity KnifeA been there and done that type II Gravity Knife

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A been there and done that type II Gravity Knife
    P
    Many

As you say it's fairly worn. The wood grip plate on one side looks a bit fragile. Late war R.B.Nr code 561 is believed to signify Solingen, the 0019 is also claimed to represent the maker SMF, but I've yet to see conclusive evidence. The "S" mark on the other side of the marlinspike is also said to be a late inspection mark in place of the Luftamt mark usually seen on Gravity knives. Not sure if there is any evidence, though seems possible or it could mean "Seilheimer", as in Paul Seilheimer, a known maker.

Thank you for the detailed information Anderson.
    John

MAP
    ?

Certainly has "been" there. Not too different than mine.

I like these well used over the pristine examples.

Congrats
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

thanks for shharing.

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Certainly has "been" there. Not too different than mine.

I like these well used over the pristine examples.

Congrats
    Well then its easy I'll take the pristine ones and i will leave these battered for you M8!

Cheers
    Ger

Love these type two with the been there character and considering that most of the acceptance inspector stamps show the Luftwaffe eagle yours is by all means a rare specimen with the S stamp, Peter BrĂ¼ning on his book stated that only Solinger Metallwaren Fabrik produced these which apparently was not inspected by the civil servants of the Luftwaffe Armament Office