Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

DLV dagger, i would like to know more, help please

Article about: Hi, i created my account on warrelics today, because i wanted to know your opinions on this dagger, i got delivered today, and also i would like to know few things i couldnt find, what means

Question DLV dagger, i would like to know more, help please

Hi, i created my account on warrelics today, because i wanted to know your opinions on this dagger, i got delivered today, and also i would like to know few things i couldnt find, what means the letter K on it, is it any rarer variant or common one, what did they got it for and which units could possibly get it, someone who knows history of Deutcher luftsportverband daggers, please let me know in the comments, also if you think there is something wrong with this dagger let me know either, but in my opinion i think everything is ok, but still im collecting german war items only few years, so i dont have that much knowledge, but still i have HJ dagger, Wehrmacht parade bayonet and Flieger kappmesser which i know they are originals, now it would really help me if you think this is also original or your opinion why not, i bought it yesterday for like 1300 euros, from someone who was selling his collection, he said me he bought it in germany, he told me that he actually bought it for bigger price, so maybe i am lucky i won it in auction under priced, the condition isnt perfect, but still really really good, let me know your opinions please, thank you, (also i found a little double print or print mistake next to the DLV logo on the scabbard, there is a piece of a wing on the right that shouldnt be there, but i dont know if it really changes something)
    thanks for help,
    Trejtron
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DLV dagger, i would like to know more, help please   DLV dagger, i would like to know more, help please  

DLV dagger, i would like to know more, help please   DLV dagger, i would like to know more, help please  

DLV dagger, i would like to know more, help please   DLV dagger, i would like to know more, help please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DLV dagger, i would like to know more, help please
    P
    Many

Buy books and read them.

Hi Trej...next time you post text please try to break it down into sentences into paragraphs...your wording is one long sentence and is difficult to understand where it begins and where it ends on certain questions. Next time ok??

Your dagger is authentic no worries ...and a bit worn.
    The letter K is a caster Identification mark mostly seen on these short DLV knives. Not all short DLV / NSFK have them..but are correct depending if a producer purchased those crossguards from that K caster.

The winged stamping is a proof mark and sometimes depends whos applying the stampt sometimes hits the hammer twice to leave the stamping.
    Below is a short History taken from page 21 of the Author Tom Wittmann " Exploring the Dress Daggers of the German Luftwaffe "

I dont have that kind of time to write a whole history of the DLV and would be encourageable that you could delve deeper into this topic which there are many DLV / NSFK types in this sub forum of long and short blades.
    Ranging from Early to late period.

DLV dagger, i would like to know more, help please
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thank you very much, good point about the sentences. Thanks, for your opinion, i like to see that you agree with the authenticity and thanks for the answers! I like to see that the K is not common, and yeah i will look for more info into the forum. I would like to find more, also what materials were used to made it, it seems like it is nickled steel or stainless steel. Thanks for your help, i appreciate it.

?

Hi Larry. I looked at several examples of the DLV Eichhorn dagger and noticed two differences. I don't know if they are important but I will share them.
    In all other examples, the buffer pad under the crossguard is thinner. Scabbard screws appear to have been removed multiple times. There appears to be a poor fit to the scabbard and the buffer pad has been replaced for that.
    This is just my opinion.
    The knife looks real but in bad condition.

Regards Georgi.

Quote by Trejtron View Post
    I like to see that the K is not common
    The K cater mark is mostly common..just not seen on the minority of those producers.

@ Georgi ...I can agree that it has been opened many times..but we see that with other daggers as well ..for what reasons we dont know..but appears consistent for an NSFK .
    Buffer pads with these may be splitting hairs if one is seen thinner than the other ..which I dont worry about too much.
    The photos could be alot better and less fuzzy .

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Ok, but if this is bad condition, i dont really know what is the good one. Im living next to the germany and i havent seen better, yet. There were always missing big pieces of leather, and i saw few of them on army markets, and auctions. Only two i thought very originals, others were clearly replicas,but this is the third one i saw and i believe it was the best. It seems everyone want to keep the best pieces in their collections, so like a collector who bought it, i dont think i will find better one. But, Thanks for opinions

Hi Trej...Never say Never ...although it is true that much of the better grade collectibles are still in collections...but it doesnt mean all better grade are in collections....there are still great examples that are to be found...and if monitor reputable dealer sites ...sometimes one presents itself.

Also as I said in a previous post above...if you take the time and read some of the threads on this type of dagger..you will see alot more nicer condtioned daggers that are in the members collections. These daggers are still plentiful and still can be found. Be the good and patient hunter

Its worth the wait.

Regards Larry

You are right, some of them are waiting to be found, or collectors could need money back, also investors can play the role.But, Still the perfect states are in a bigger price category. I am really happy with this dagger, maybe like a Beginner, but i am. It is my most rare/expensive thing in my collection. Unless the original gravity knife Flieger-Kappmesser with carbon blade is rarer.