Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

DLV on legacy

Article about: This looks fake to me. Any thoughts? I’m not interested in buying it. Just working on developing an a eye for junk. Thanks volks.

Default DLV on legacy

This looks fake to me. Any thoughts? I’m not interested in buying it. Just working on developing an a eye for junk. Thanks volks.DLV on legacyDLV on legacyDLV on legacy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DLV on legacy
    P
    Many

A few more photos would determine authenticity.
    Cant say yes what other details we can not see such as a producer logo and any markings on the off end of the crossguard.
    Please.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I went to their website. I know there has been a subtly close reproduction that is pretty good I have seen in my travels. Would like to see more of this one in hand for me. The thing to look for on these is the guards size, screw types along with throat marking stamping and K on the guard as here on mine.

DLV on legacy

DLV on legacy
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

Ross now a days even the K casting is on the guard and DLV markings on the throat.

What they all lack are the original super flat scabbard screws, and the pommel is a bit to much streched given it a bit different shape.
    Next to an original its visible.
    The RLB repro's are pretty good too, for some reason a lot bear a "1936" marking on the tang, makes it a bit easier

This one is a fake, domehead screws is a dead give away.

Ger

?

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Ross now a days even the K casting is on the guard and DLV markings on the throat.

What they all lack are the original super flat scabbard screws, and the pommel is a bit to much streched given it a bit different shape.
    Next to an original its visible.
    The RLB repro's are pretty good too, for some reason a lot bear a "1936" marking on the tang, makes it a bit easier

This one is a fake, domehead screws is a dead give away.

Ger
    Ger,

Yup! They are getting better at replicas all the time. Pity and shame. Screws agreed and also the guard on replica next to an original is suspect as well and Swaz from what I have observed.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Legacy has been offering daggers and uniforms lately. Most of them are very suspect. You have to wonder why they would do this. They have a really nice ppk, luger, etc thing going on. Doesn’t make sense.

?

Quote by Panzernutter View Post
    Legacy has been offering daggers and uniforms lately. Most of them are very suspect. You have to wonder why they would do this. They have a really nice ppk, luger, etc thing going on. Doesn’t make sense.
    Welcome to the world of dealers....
    Of course it makes sense, by also selling good stuff they take away the suspicion of the bad stuff..

Ger