Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Etched Luftwaffe Dagger

Article about: Hi Guys, Classic Voss etch. Etch looks alright to me but what the rest of the dagger? Looking to purchase it. Best kmalla

?

Default Etched Luftwaffe Dagger

Hi Guys,

Classic Voss etch. Etch looks alright to me but what Bout the rest of the dagger? Is it real or a fake? Looking to purchase it.

Etched Luftwaffe DaggerEtched Luftwaffe DaggerEtched Luftwaffe DaggerEtched Luftwaffe DaggerEtched Luftwaffe DaggerEtched Luftwaffe DaggerEtched Luftwaffe DaggerEtched Luftwaffe DaggerEtched Luftwaffe Dagger

Best kmalla
    Last edited by kmalla; 11-22-2023 at 06:17 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Etched Luftwaffe Dagger
    P
    Many

?

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Etched Luftwaffe Dagger  
    Last edited by kmalla; 11-22-2023 at 06:15 PM.

?

]Etched Luftwaffe Dagger[/quote]

?

Default Real or fake?

all,

I am interested in this dagger as a possible purchase but am not sure if he is legit or not. I know this pattern is Voss and occurs on unmarked Luftwaffe daggers. I am not sure if the dagger (crossguard/pommel etc.)in that combination is legit. Anyone can help clarify?

Any help will be highly appreciate.

Best,
    Kmalla

Hi Kamala have patience it is the holiday here in the US and there are those in other countries that may be away for the holiday.

Moderator Anderson can comment on the Voos etch as these are highly faked and is out of my level of knowledge to confirm its authenticity.
    Hang tight and someone will eventually be along.

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I am on the fence with this one. I've owned Voss etched daggers, both Heer and Luftwaffe.

One detail that does not seem right is the etch and how it's aligned in different locations of the overall etch.

Voss was very precise with alignment and this one looks to be "off" IMHO.

These Voss etched daggers era produced were done with exacting specifications of the etch as Voss blades are a work of art with little to no error. The price of these back in the day demanded the best work possible.

The example posted I am suspicious of as seeing the panels ornamentation in some areas connected to the non etched area of the blade is what makes me suspicious of this example

?

Thanks guys for the reply. If this one is faked it is really well faked. I heard from one of the Wittmann videos that the dots at the end of the etch of the blade towards the tipp are supposed to be different from the dots that have an actual VOSS makers mark. I am not sure how they differ. Maybe Anderson can comment on that. Btw, the last picture I posted showes the dots. I am actually tending towards this being an orginal (at least the blade).

?

The maker of these etches is Emil Voos
    not Voss

I have seen so many fake Voos etched blades, that for me there is only 1 that i would buy.
    That dagger should have a Voos marked blade and an ivory grip, just to be sure
    Emil Voos etched blade have space for their Logo.....

Ger

Ger I think a lot of fake etchings were put on blades in the 1970s. But I would also be wary of unmarked blades. I'm not clear on whether Emil Voos had a contractual agreement with any other Solingen makers to supply unmarked etched blades, like to see some evidence of that.
    The other point Ger eludes to is an etched blade is the icing on the cake advertising the skills of the Solingen firm. They want the buyer to show his mates the blade, and they say "Wow an Emil Voos dagger!" The maker doesn't get the recognition where the blade is unmarked, so less incentive to allow others to use their designs. Solingen makers were very competitive and protective of their original designs. Emil Voos had a contractual relationship with Robert Klaas (not Klass!!) to supply etching designs for bayonets and swords. It's a little surprizing the relatively small company of Emil Voos would develop an etching design for a Luftwaffe dagger.