Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Fallschirmjager gravity knife

Article about: Hi All, Long time no post .. Hope you are all keeping well. I’ve recently acquired this Type 1 Gravity Knife. The spring is as strong as the day it was assembled and drops out with a posit

Default Fallschirmjager gravity knife

Hi All,
    Long time no post .. Hope you are all keeping well.

I’ve recently acquired this Type 1 Gravity Knife.
    The spring is as strong as the day it was assembled and drops out with a positive CLICK.
    I’ll let the pictures do the rest of the talking .. Hope you enjoy.

Any feedback welcomed.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmjager gravity knife   Fallschirmjager gravity knife  

Fallschirmjager gravity knife   Fallschirmjager gravity knife  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmjager gravity knife
    P
    Many

A Great example Stevade and in good condition.
    Its very rare to see the full lanyard attached to these which is a prize in itself.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks for comments and viewing all ..
    Not the usual type of lanyard I agree .. but what is the official Text Book one for these Gravity Knifes?

?

Gorgeous especially that blade. Very nice pickup. Congrats

Tim

?

From information i gathered there are a few types that were officially issued with the knife/flight trousers.
    All of them are pretty much the same with small differences.

Plus there are a lot of lanyards that were found with the knifes but were not issued with them.
    These are mostly privately purchased lanyards and/or lanyards that were issued with other equipment like mapcases/compasses

It's very hard to date and find any detailed informations about them because as we know they are not really an important piece of equipment.
    And could be replaced durning war with anything (for example parachute cord)

Here is a page from the book that shows main examples.

Good Information Wolk
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Stunner and that lanyard is amazing to see with it. A beauty.

Good info Wolk
    I have seen these type of Lanyards in books.. however seldom see them for sale.

I agree that the Lanyard may of been added at a later date, I have quite a few Edged Weapons where I’ve added the Hangers or Portepee’s

Here’s one currently for sale with a clip missing .. Very Expensive though.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmjager gravity knife  

?

Great one you show here!
    Lovely addition to any collection.

Ger

Not the usual item I collect but it does blend in with the other Edged Weapons.. thanks for looking and kind comments Ger.