Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

INCREDIBLY RARE Luftwaffe General 1st Pattern Goering Presentation Sword**** HELP

Article about: Greetings all, Found what I thought to be a rather interesting piece and wanted to see if anyone has seen these before? Looks extremely well constructed but I have never seen one before and

Default INCREDIBLY RARE Luftwaffe General 1st Pattern Goering Presentation Sword**** HELP

Greetings all, Found what I thought to be a rather interesting piece and wanted to see if anyone has seen these before? Looks extremely well constructed but I have never seen one before and wanted any and all info if possible. Thanks so much!

INCREDIBLY RARE Luftwaffe General 1st Pattern Goering Presentation Sword**** HELPINCREDIBLY RARE Luftwaffe General 1st Pattern Goering Presentation Sword**** HELPINCREDIBLY RARE Luftwaffe General 1st Pattern Goering Presentation Sword**** HELPINCREDIBLY RARE Luftwaffe General 1st Pattern Goering Presentation Sword**** HELPINCREDIBLY RARE Luftwaffe General 1st Pattern Goering Presentation Sword**** HELPINCREDIBLY RARE Luftwaffe General 1st Pattern Goering Presentation Sword**** HELPINCREDIBLY RARE Luftwaffe General 1st Pattern Goering Presentation Sword**** HELPINCREDIBLY RARE Luftwaffe General 1st Pattern Goering Presentation Sword**** HELPINCREDIBLY RARE Luftwaffe General 1st Pattern Goering Presentation Sword**** HELPINCREDIBLY RARE Luftwaffe General 1st Pattern Goering Presentation Sword**** HELP

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement INCREDIBLY RARE Luftwaffe General 1st Pattern Goering Presentation Sword**** HELP
    P
    Many

More Photos
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture INCREDIBLY RARE Luftwaffe General 1st Pattern Goering Presentation Sword**** HELP   INCREDIBLY RARE Luftwaffe General 1st Pattern Goering Presentation Sword**** HELP  

INCREDIBLY RARE Luftwaffe General 1st Pattern Goering Presentation Sword**** HELP   INCREDIBLY RARE Luftwaffe General 1st Pattern Goering Presentation Sword**** HELP  

INCREDIBLY RARE Luftwaffe General 1st Pattern Goering Presentation Sword**** HELP   INCREDIBLY RARE Luftwaffe General 1st Pattern Goering Presentation Sword**** HELP  

IMO a post war reproduction, based on poor quality in the casting poor etching, scabbard fittings poor, hand grip type unusual for this type, and the WKC trademark used is a post war version (and is it laser etched?)

A couple of photos of a real Eickhorn General's sword for comparison. By the way WKC is still in the sword business and I doubt they even made this post war.

INCREDIBLY RARE Luftwaffe General 1st Pattern Goering Presentation Sword**** HELPINCREDIBLY RARE Luftwaffe General 1st Pattern Goering Presentation Sword**** HELPINCREDIBLY RARE Luftwaffe General 1st Pattern Goering Presentation Sword**** HELP

?

I've only seen a luft sword with this kind of grip posted once before and pretty much everyone thought it was bad. That makers mark would be enough to put me off -any- TR edged weapon.

I could add there is considerable doubt that a "pattern 1" Luftwaffe General's sword ever existed, outside of post war incarnations. Certainly all of the accepted swords with provenance that are known, are Eickhorn versions as shown in post #3. where these "WKC" ones come from is anyone's guess, but may date back to the Jim Atwood era or something out of India.

The sword is ornate and well detailed...but that detail is lacking in many areas ..and does not even come close to an authentic Generals sword that Anderson posted.

I would also say an Atwood / India creation.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

There's a lack of quality in the detail of the subject sword. Take for example the scabbard of which we see just two images of the chape and throat (pics #2). It shows a thin gilt over white metal, probably steel. The Eickhorn is brass with gilt finish and attached by a brass staple to the leather scabbard. (the traditional way sword scabbards were made. In the "Pattern 1" we see screws attaching the chape and throat fittings, probably into a steel scabbard covered with thin leather. Cheap work.

Just as a follow up on this post war reproduction sword. The giveaway was firstly the use of a trademark design WKC only used in the post WW2 era.
    I've attached another example of this post war trademark style as used on a South African Police sword, made for the Republic of South Africa. To catch the significance you need to understand South Africa declared itself as a republic in 1961, and Britain placed an arms embargo on them. Consequently for purchases of ceremonial swords, they had to shift their purchases away from Wilkinson Sword to German Solingen makers included WKC.
    The picture shows a post 1961 South African Police sword made by WKC. Note the style of Knight's head logo and lettering is identical to that used on the reproduction Luftwaffe General's sword.

INCREDIBLY RARE Luftwaffe General 1st Pattern Goering Presentation Sword**** HELP

I agree, when it was hi-lighted before the conclusion was ... Fake- Indian creation.

The OP never returned, but I can add a image from my WKC catalogue from the late 1930's. The "1st Pattern" General's sword was listed as available but no evidence I've seen that one was ever made. Goring apparently preferred the appearance of the Carl Eickhorn design (the so called 2nd Pattern) and all the accepted as authentic presentation swords are Eickhorn made.

It's interesting on the WKC line drawing of the sword the trademark used is the one traditionally used during the Third Reich. The trademark type used on all the OP's sword (and all the other "1st Pattern" swords in circulation) was used post WW2 by the company.

INCREDIBLY RARE Luftwaffe General 1st Pattern Goering Presentation Sword**** HELPINCREDIBLY RARE Luftwaffe General 1st Pattern Goering Presentation Sword**** HELP

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast