Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

INCREDIBLY RARE Luftwaffe General 1st Pattern Goering Presentation Sword**** HELP

Article about: Greetings all, Found what I thought to be a rather interesting piece and wanted to see if anyone has seen these before? Looks extremely well constructed but I have never seen one before and

Default Markings On Blade & Scabard

Here are some photos of markings on a blade that is relevant to this thread. I would love to hear other's thoughts.INCREDIBLY RARE Luftwaffe General 1st Pattern Goering Presentation Sword**** HELPINCREDIBLY RARE Luftwaffe General 1st Pattern Goering Presentation Sword**** HELPINCREDIBLY RARE Luftwaffe General 1st Pattern Goering Presentation Sword**** HELPINCREDIBLY RARE Luftwaffe General 1st Pattern Goering Presentation Sword**** HELP

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement INCREDIBLY RARE Luftwaffe General 1st Pattern Goering Presentation Sword**** HELP
    P
    Many

Quote by kilgore View Post
    Here are some photos of markings on a blade that is relevant to this thread. I would love to hear other's thoughts.
    What is this?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Exactly. We won't comment on marks in isolation, lets see all of the blade hilt and scabbard.

Mr Kilgore ..start a separate thread please if you have a sword to show and not markings from another sword which is NOT RELEVANT to this thread or the sword in posted by the OP.

If there is relevance then I will either link or merge the threads together per my discretion.
    Please do this ASAP.

Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Default 1st Model Luftwaffe Genera's Sword

Here is a photo of what appears to be the 1st model Luftwaffe General's sword in wear. It looks like an eagle on the grip.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture INCREDIBLY RARE Luftwaffe General 1st Pattern Goering Presentation Sword**** HELP  

Bit hard to be sure with that photo. What you need to understand is the WKC design was not unique and basically copied a Imperial Court type design already in use. The photo may simply show one of these earlier designs (see the Prussian Vereins-Degen which is pictured in my 1905 Eickhorn catalogue).

There, of course, is also the photograph in Wittmann, Exploring The Dress Daggers of the German Luftwaffe, on page 345 of General Lieth-Thomsen, wearing the 1st Model. So I am convinced the 1st model was produced by the Eickhorn firm. Wittmann, pp. 341-349. See also, Johnson, Collecting The Edged Weapons of the Third Reich, Volume VIII, pp. 193-194.

I am also convinced that the 2nd Model was only produced by the Eickhorn firm.

The general consensus is that the 1st Models marked WKC, or something else (see post 11 above), are all post war reproductions. I am just not ready to concede that yet.

Eickhorn did produce a Vereins-Degan in the imperial era and quite possibly in the Weimar era. But it's only speculation that it was ever produced as a Luftwaffe sword. Goring wanted new sword for Luftwaffe Generals and obviously wanted something different from the Vereins-Degan, which is why the sword designed by Eickhorn (what you call a 2nd model, but I would call the 1st model) was chosen.

Can we see the rest of the sword you show in post #11 ?

I agree with Anderson as I myself would be interested in seeing your example.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Well to its obvious that a luftwaffe General will not wear a non luftwaffe degen on a portrait like this one, so im pretty sure the 1st style did exist.
    The WKC catalogue offering one is also a pretty big + for me.

Cheers
    Ger

about all the eagle stamps on reply #11, i dont even have to see the blades and degens they are one, all fake added symbols to fool the non seasoned collectors.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast