Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Info wanted: 2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger - Tiger

Article about: I just got this Luftwaffe dagger as a gift from my next door neighbor, whose uncle was stationed in Europe during and after the war, and brought it back with a few other trophies. I'm really

Default Info wanted: 2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger - Tiger

I just got this Luftwaffe dagger as a gift from my next door neighbor, whose uncle was stationed in Europe during and after the war, and brought it back with a few other trophies. I'm really just a young collector getting started so, I'm super excited about this. So not only is this the first really nice item in my collection, It's also straight out of the woodwork. I love the dark orange color of the grip, although it's a little loose. While I've done some research, I still don't know a lot about my particular piece or about the maker Tiger. Is Tiger a desirable maker? I'm also wondering about the hangers. They have grey leather tops, which I haven't seen before online. Any information or thoughts about this dagger would be much appreciated. I'll probably never sell it, but how much do you think it's worth in this condition? Thanks in advance!
    Info wanted: 2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger - TigerInfo wanted: 2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger - TigerInfo wanted: 2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger - TigerInfo wanted: 2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger - TigerInfo wanted: 2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger - TigerInfo wanted: 2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger - TigerInfo wanted: 2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger - Tiger
    (I can take more pictures if that would help)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Info wanted: 2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger - Tiger
    P
    Many

Hi Kyle ...nice gift from the neighbor !

The dagger itself is period and correct ..the set of hangers is another story and feel they were post war added as there is all different hardware not consistent with each other ...that its not equal in patina if this came straight from the 1940 period.
    The leather wraps at the top of the hangers I never seen before and also look very new showing no age at all.

Who knows when the portepee was added but really isnt important...but the dagger itself without the hangers and porteppe IMO is a winner .

Market values vary and all depending upon condition and desirability ...Tiger is somewhat of a common producer and sorry this website is not a valuation service unless only to prove authenticity if certain details are questionable and was being sold for an insane amount of money.
    Nice dagger and would sit well in your collection.

Other collectors will chime in as well ..but be patient its the holiday weekend and they may be out and about celebrating the new year.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Nice Tiger with a beautiful darker grip. Blade looks to have some discoloration but it is what it is. The best part is it sounds like you know who the vet was that brought it back. Very nice and welcome to a wonderful hobby.

Tim

A nice start for a new collector, congratulations!
    I think the leather added at the top of the hangers is war time. I have one, and seen many others with this type of addition, sometimes a repair.
    The clip appears to be reversed as well.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks for the replies, I'm pretty sure any tampering of added accoutrements would've had to be very early postwar, since my neighbor was not a collector, but had the dagger since his uncle came home from the war.

As far as the hangers go, it would make more sense to me for them to have been repaired during the war, since all the details on the metal parts do appear to be period (and I have seen some period photos where the buckles are lighter in color than the rest of the parts). Ralph, do you think you could send some pictures of yours or others with a similar addition, so I have something to compare mine to?