Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe dagger 2nd Model

Article about: Hello, I present this dagger of the Luftwaffe made by WKC , I put it in a frame with a few more objects ... I know WKC made a lot of parts for these daggers, can you tell me if everything se

?

Default Luftwaffe dagger 2nd Model

Hello,
    I present this dagger of the Luftwaffe made by WKC , I put it in a frame with a few more objects ...
    I know WKC made a lot of parts for these daggers, can you tell me if everything seems OK to you ?
    And I would like to have an estimate (if possible) of the year of manufacture .

Thank you

Cédrick.

Attachment 1502888

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe dagger 2nd Model
    P
    Many

Hello Mitsu..I really like your display and the other items really highlights the dagger.
    The only thing that stands out is the grip wire that is the double stranded type...which WKC Luft daggers usually have the springy aluminum wire on their grips.
    Whose to say as you have pointed out and is known in the collecting community that WKC did use varied fittings.

The production date began in 1937 but I dont know exactly when this dagger was produced.
    I will dig a little deeper and try finding out more info on the grip wire application.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks for your comment. Indeed now that you say I looked on the internet photos and we often see a double aluminum wire .
    I do not know if mine is aluminum or iron I have not cleaned it and it looks oxidized.
    I have to check if a magnet sticks on for example ....

?

Sorry I posted twice ..

?

Here's a zoom of the wire

?

it would appear to be twisted brass wire

?

I think I found the explanation on Lakesidedrader.
    There is exactly the same, apparently it would be a brass wire of early manufacture.
    Maybe luftwaffe dagger experts can confirm ??

2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger by WKC | Lakesidetrader

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Whose to say as you have pointed out and is known in the collecting community that WKC did use varied fittings.
    Like I said above
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Yes I can confirm that this type of gripwire was used by WKC too. I have only seen it in combination with the crossguard that is shown here. It’s one of the two crossguard variations by WKC. So the dagger that you show here is completely textbook.

Regards
    Danny

?

Thank you for this very interesting information. according to your experience you date this dagger from the early, middle or end of war ?
    Thank you.
    Regards.
    Cédric.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast