Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe dagger?

Article about: A friend of mine has this,he knows very little about it. The story is that it belonged to a German Pilot during the war. He would like to know wether or not it is original and wether or not

?

Default Luftwaffe dagger?

A friend of mine has this,he knows very little about it. The story is that it belonged to a German Pilot during the war.

He would like to know wether or not it is original and wether or not it is worth getting extra insurance for this item on his house hold insurance,he thinks its worth a great deal.

This item is entirely out of my relm of knowledge & interest.

Thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe dagger?   Luftwaffe dagger?  

Luftwaffe dagger?   Luftwaffe dagger?  

Luftwaffe dagger?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe dagger?
    P
    Many

First for me to see a 1st Model Luftwaffe produced by Clemen and Jung.

We will examine the dagger itself and not the story.
    Clemen & Jung did produce 2nd Model Luftwaffe daggers.

Interesting to see a dual logo on the blade and I would invite other Luftwaffe collectors to chime in and give their thoughts
    I would say it is a rarity but wait for other thoughts and insight.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thank you for your insight Larry.
    Do you consider the Dagger suspect in regards to authenticity?

Hi Norsk...I dug a little deeper to find some info ...although 25 producers have been identified to date ...it does not say no to ..that there were cottage producers as well and Clemen & Jung may have had a small production run of 1st Model Luftwaffe daggers.

The dagger itself is the early type having nickel and brass fittings.
    I found that the crown logo is the very first type used by Clemen and Jung out of 8 logo types.
    Yet the stamped worded logo on the opposite side does not appear in any of those 8 other logo types and also does not appear in any of my source references. I have no issues with that and I find the stamping acceptable.

Clemen & Jung did produce NSFK daggers but again a small production run. rarely found.
    I would say your friend has a rare example ...but the value would depend on how much money that someone wants to spend for it ..if ever sold.
    You can check comparative pricing on current market dealers on 1st Model Luftwaffe daggers ..and this one may be a little bit more due to rarity. Overall condition should also be considered..that the better the condition the higher the collector value.

I cant put a value on this dagger except what I said above comparing market values and condition with other dealers.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Larry

Thank you very much for your helpful advice. I wish you all the very best.

?

Looks like a nice original in decent but not superb condition, and condition in a lot of cases goes before a marker mark.
    But then again if your a maker mark collector of first type Lufts and lack a logo like this your willing to pay.
    Not enough to put it on your insureance polis, think in the 1000 to 2000 usd range when it would have a complete chain, depending on how much you want it.
    It is not a nickel silver one, it has an aluminium chain, so not initial production.
    I would not pay more the 700 usd for a battered one like this, and not for the dagger, but for the logo.

Cheers
    Ger